Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

kip 7170 rollfeed error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjprinter
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: kip 7170 rollfeed error Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with a 7170 that gives rollfeed error 0 3059 and sometimes doesn't recognize what paper is loaded. When I go into service mode and try to initialize service software, I get a comm 4 error and cannot continue to sensor diagnostics. I cannot find anything in the service manual about the 0 n3059 error. Anyone?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you go to Service Software, if you get a com error, click on the "Serial Port Setting", then click on "Auto Detection". It should show a Com# opening success!, Communication success!" When you see that, click on the "Set" button to the right. Then go "Back" and then "Log in".

jjprinter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. The procedure worked and I was able to get into the service mode. However the rollfeed error went away by itself and I still have no info on what the cause may have been. Maybe an intermittent connection which may come back, so I'd still be interested in a possible solution.
Also, when in service mode I got a developer error E70. When I took off the covers to access the developer and reseat toner and connectors, I noticed the 2 screws that secure the developer to the chassis were missing and the developer unit was shoved in about 1/8 farther into the machine than the screws would allow. I replaced the screws and reassembled the machine and the developer error went away but now prints come out blank! Not sure why the error went away as I found nothing really wrong with the developer itself, but when I removed the screws and pushed the developer back into the machine it started printing ok!
I'm guessing there is an adjustment needed to engage the developer properly.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you never start up a new machine...in the setup, we have to throw those 2 screws to let dev unit go back and forth by the dev unit pressure motor.

For you E70, just clean all bias contact and put back some new conductive grease. Start with that and us know if the code appear again

jjprinter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct, I have never "started up" a new machine like this one. I know there are shims that can be installed to provide correct spacing, but are you saying to just leave the dev unit "floating" without the screws?
also if the E 70 error returns I will try the grease.
Thanks for the info.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you have to remove and toss those shipping screws that hold the dev. unit. It is supposed to "float" back and forth as needed.

jjprinter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK thanks. I was able to look at the installation instructions in the service manual and sure enough, it says to remove the screws.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The developer unit is supposed to move towards and away from the drum depending on what the machine is doing.

If the machine is printing as you found it needs to be pushed/cammed closer to the drum.
When the machine is turned off or in sleep mode it cams back from the drum. The developer roller is rubber and if left up against the drum over long periods of time it is possible to get a flat spot on the roller.

The whining noise you here when the machine is first started up or when it goes to sleep is the moter doing this.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to move this to the 7170 section of the site so other can find the information?

I am not sure why this was file under general when there is a section for the 7170....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: