Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Long time to print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
udikip
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Long time to print Reply with quote Back to top

When printing a hybrid AutoCAD drawing, raster image and vector dwg, it takes about 5 minutes for plot to come out. Any suggestions how to speed this. File size is 156KB

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could start with clearing out the request and problem folders.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Long time to print Reply with quote Back to top

udikip wrote:
When printing a hybrid AutoCAD drawing, raster image and vector dwg, it takes about 5 minutes for plot to come out. Any suggestions how to speed this. File size is 156KB

I am sure that you mean the original AutoCAD file is 156kb, correct? This is the raw file size as is not the file size that is actually spooled to the printer.

When a file is spooled to the printer, there is processing that is occurring to take the raw file and turn it into HPGL/2 data (I am assuming you are using the KIP HDI driver). This HPGL/2 data is the vector and raster data. The vector data (lines and curves) is quite small and is easy to RIP and process. The raster data (pictures, graphs, drawn text) can become quite large and require a large amount of data and time to process.

If you are using the KIP HDI driver to print, it is possible to 'turn down' the number of bits that is used to create the raster data and thus make processing time shorter. However, you may sacrifice the overall image quality of the RASTER image, not the vector data. You can look in the driver properties within AutoCAD to play with the settings of the driver to get the best quality and print speed.

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what autoCAD drivers are you using ?

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My solution to this which was actually corfirmed by kip tech support was to install and older kip 7000 driver which still had the ability to reduce the overall dpi... it was a real issue because the customer went from an old kip 7000 which had this feature and was able to print form multiple older versions of autocad very quickly to a new 7170 that took forever and kips tech support had no solution other than telling me the newer drivers no longer had the option of lowering the dpi... I had to suggest and ask about using the old driver which they told me is unsupported btw... but since there was no supported solution to this with older versions of autocad this was my only real option anyway it seems.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is a function in AutoCAD, not the driver......why did they do this?!?

If it works, ok, but......

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jezebel09 wrote:
this is a function in AutoCAD, not the driver......why did they do this?!?

If it works, ok, but......
I am not trained on autocad and only know enough to perform the basic printing function. I do know that they are using an older version of autocad (2004 I believe) and thier were no 7770 HDI drivers for it so I dont know if it was missing the function to do so but the kip software support rep seemed very aware of the limitation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: