Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: E-21 Reply with quote Back to top

Was getting random E-06's . Replaced the fuser door switch which cleared the E-06. Out of the blue E-21 popped up. Changed out the thermostat, didn't change. The small LED pwb under the meters shows DCP1 and DCP2 on, DCP3 and DCP4 out. All the 24vdc outputs on DCP1 are at 24vdc. I've tried all the suggestions on this forum dealing with E-21 without any luck. All the fuses are good, is there a secret fuse I might be overlooking? Interestingly, when the fuser door is opened and closed the display indicator shows as it should but no relay is clicking. I can't help thinking I've overlooked something simple but at the moment I don't have a clue.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you mask the error?
Could it be a bad thermostat or possibly a dead short (Kip has a TIP about the install of the thermostat. (TIP-K77-017)

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to information JAMES provided I found the junction JC7 (under the top cover) had overheated and broke the thermostat circuit. I had looked at it yesterday but not close enough. There was a prior post that mentioned this junction being fried, guess I blew past that one.

james
resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to double check the theromstat to make sure it hasn't shifted back on the little board it's on, if it has, the contact shorts and can take out the board under the top cover. I paint the solder point on the thermostat board that shorts with corona dope to hopefully insolate it from shorting if it shifts.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will do, thanx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: