Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Do I need K105 Scanner Utility Software on 7.2 for kip 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braden
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Do I need K105 Scanner Utility Software on 7.2 for kip 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a kip 3000 with 7.2 and found scanner utillity folders 2100 and 3000 3100. Is this the K105 software or do i need to get the software and use my laptop? If I do can someone supply it?

The problem I am Having is I am getting 1/2 in vertical lines and can see dirt or burnt on the white part of the lenses. I figure before tearing it apart I should calibrate it.

Thank's for any help

B

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You always clean the scanner sensors before you calibrate them or the calibration would be very inaccurate. Using the utility requires a usb driver to be loaded along with the scanner utility software. There are several different versions of the utility but I would use the one in your 3000 folder for a simple white balance calibration.
fyi, much of the time the scanner lens's are fogged over on the inside part of the glass, and not fun to get to if that is the case.

Braden
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks tjohnson,

That explained a lot.

So, the K105 is the driver. (I'm guessing) that you need on your laptop to connect to the utility.

Kip doesn't look like they have it on their website. Saw your post on the subject before, can you pm me if you still have it?

I know Kip keeps everything a secret.

Thanks,
B

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP does still have this on their website, in the Dealer area.
Technical Information/General/KIP 3000 Parts_TBs_Tips_Drivers_Firmware. It is one zip file that contains all, 2 versions of the utility and the latest driver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: