Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Jamming in exit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Jamming in exit Reply with quote Back to top

Customer has prints coming out the back onto a stacker. This is the second time that the paper has come out and accordianed in the fuser and dipping underneith the lower nails of the pressure roller. Could it be because they are overstacking the stacker? I can't confirm this because they are over an hour away and by the time I get there, they've removed the prints. Anyone else running into this issue?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everytime I've had to deal with this, stacker or not, it was the prints backing up into the exit area. Could be the flimsy plate the lower nails are mounted to is bent slightly allowing a gap between the pressure roll and the nail(s).
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. After removing the jam, I visually checked to see if there was a gap and there were none. I do believe that it is due to the customer either letting the stacker get too full or when someone takes thier drawings off, they are not making sure that the remaining copies are flush against the exit or else the exiting paper will crash into them. Even the customer was saying it could've been user error. I couldn't see anything else that it could've been.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Even the customer was saying it could've been user error" That is the likely answer I believe. Too bad these printers don't have a cam attached to record the evil doings....

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the stacker just a wire rack or an actual stacker? I installed a wire rack once and removed it within a week due to jamming and the thing won't hold many prints. The wire rack is a waste of time.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are right on. We had one wire rack onsite and walked it out to the dumpster shortly after I started here. However it was unsurpassed as a clothes drying rack.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kept ours, now I know about an alternative use for it, trust Mark to come through with the great idea!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES....wire rack issues...what a waste.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys, this one particular customer is still getting these accordianed jams under the pressure roller nails. I can watch prints come out and they don't drop down the stacker. One sheet will sit right on the exit of the fuser/pressure roller (most likely due to static of the other prints) and then the next sheet will crash into it and cause all kinds of ruckus. I've bent the one rod that holds the lower copy tray so that the tray is actually lower than flat but that's not enough angle and gravity to keep the prints moving. All of these 7100 and 7170 out there, I only have two customers using this tray, but one works flawlessly and this one is nothing but a headache. Should I somehow try to force the tray to a lower stance in the hopes that the paper will move. I've done everything I can think of in trying to get the paper away from the rollers. Do you guys have any other suggestions, that doesn't involve removing the stacker? I've mentioned that they are the only ones that bother using the stacker but their defense is that they don't want the long copies to hang over the scanner.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same issue with a customer that you are having i suggested we try Anti static tape i even tried raising the stacker and none work never tried the tape customer just decided to get rid of stacker.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure the machine ground is really a ground not tied to neutral. Back in the olden days we used to shut the printer down and after the fans stopped turning sprayed the stacker down with Static Guard. Maybe the relative humidity is low in the room where the printer located. Or maybe it's not static related.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: