Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS860 STRETCHING TO TRAILING EDGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: TDS860 STRETCHING TO TRAILING EDGE Reply with quote Back to top

I just replaced a pressure roller for wrinkling no other problems.
Now prints stretch to trailing edge at random increments up to an inch.

Put the old roller back in and the stretching stops. I try another new roller and the stretching returns, old roller it goes away again.

What would cause the image to stretch randomly from 0 up to an 1" only when a new pressure roller is installed?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the pressure roll OEM?

Torque test fail?

Motor sensor- blow them both out

Could just be the pressure roll you used has a defect.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tech Parts rollers, first one i tried failed torque, second completed, both caused stretched image. I did just talk to another OCE Tech that says this has become a known issue with Tech Parts in the last year or so.

I have now tried my third and last spare, after passing torque it only changed initially thru the job about 1/16th inch. I had to up the pressure to 95 pounds to get rid of the stretch.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

check to make sure your sensor disk is not slipping on the shaft of the pressure roller motor. You may need to put a little glue on it.
Are you getting any error codes?

planit
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, but for me the cause of this problem was a worn sensor flag below the preheater.

I get all of my rollers from Bob Broden, never had an issue with them, he also suggested using a OEM Pressure roler for a week before putting in a remanufactured one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: