Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9900 repeat image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: 9900 repeat image Reply with quote Back to top

I recently put a new Drum, Dev. unit, and new fuser heat roller in a 9900.
Cleaned contact points, put grease where needed, vacuumed dust,etc. now I am having a ghosting problem on the right side. it is intermittent; was only on 22 inch at first, but now I am seeing it on larger sizes also. I tried turning the fuser heat down, and that worked, but now its doing it again;
could the pressure roller be causing a problem with the new heat roller in the fuser unit?
I also changed all the corona wires , cleaned the corona units and washed the grid.
any ideas?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you able to determine if it is the fuser causing it or possibly the drum is not getting cleaned off? Have you verified the height of the transfer wire after replacing it?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What the distance of the repeat?
22ish drum
8-9 fuser/pressure roller
6ish developer roller.

Also try lowing the transfer wire on the side repeating.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a few things to look at, in no specific order:

Stop the print process in mid-print and see if it's repeating before or after the fuser section.

Measure the distance between repeats, like what CHILLIN mentioned.

You could flip the pressure roller and see if the repeat moves from one side to the other.

Make sure that the top bracket of the spring for the pressure rollers are inside the groove of the shaft. Make sure it's even on both side.

Check height on Transfer corona.

bogey0
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I've ever done it, but check and double check...maybe even triple check to make sure you have the collar on the fuser tensioning spring seated correctly on that side.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the input, I did check and re re check the collars on both sides, but now I am going to check again cause you all got that voice going in my head that sais Did I ? did I really check that? ha ha . the transfer wire is next I guess... Wink

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sur about this one (9900) but if it's not standard, you can install the web unit option, that work for me on my 9000's and in the same time I extend for about 3 times the life of fixing rollers.

Just in case also, when I have this kind of repeat image, it's because my drum is due to replace. So even if you already replace yours, just try to re-install it from left to right (turn it around). If your repeat image change to the other side...you've find the problem.

Hope you understand what I mean...my english is not perfect.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You Slyman, I will try flipping the drum...

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, this is more for a smudge on prints but won't hurt to try this. See if the repeat happens in each drawer. I'm thinking about paper feed motor speed. There is an adjustment for each drawer. Picture this, paper is going through machine, with tension from the drawer (spindle, brakes, etc.) but as soon as the paper is cut and the feed motor is faster, it'll pull the paper and create a smudge under the drum and that could rotate around to create a repeat.

So that's two quality errors that I just explained...lol. If you get a smudge about 8 to 10 inches from the TE, then most likely the paper feed motor speed is too fast. Then also, at the moment, it could create an smudge image on the drum that'll look similar to a ghost repeat.

Sorry if I confused anyone...haha.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was just thinking it has something to do with the drawers, I think you are right dlee. Thanks for all the info I will let you know what I find...

james
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee,
Thanks for the info on the paper feed motor timing and the 8" smudge from the trail edge of print issue. Although we had the smudge problem on an 8000, did a ton of stuff with no resolve.
Then I read your comment on the paper feed motor timing, changed the timing and problem resolved. I had to increase the paper feed timing.

I had a few more gray hairs come in over this problem.
Thank you very much for sharing.
james

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: