Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

not communicating with canon scanner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kip queue is the name when you have old software. That is the number we are looking for but it is a very old version. Unfortunately for you, the DVD you need has to come to KIP, its not on a website available for download. Kip has to authorize its use in a machine registered to an authorized dealer. As Slyman says, the size of that that DVD is huge and can't be emailed. Any chance of working with an authorized dealer in your area?

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Kip Tech CD Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a part number for the CD, form number or any kind of identification on it so we can try and buy it from minolta, or is anybody willing to sell me a copy of it so I can work on the streaking one I have?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not have a copy to send, when ordering it from KIP or Konica Minolta it has to have a machine serial number on the order form to make it eligible to purchase the software, but if you have never done an upgrade before you are in for a project since the software is so old on your machine you will more than likely have to install a DVD drive into the IPS as they do not have one, and hook up to it with a monitor keyboard and mouse to do the upgrade. You will also need to know the keycodes to enable its scanning and printing options as they will be lost when the hard drive gets formatted during the upgrade process. The network settings need to be written down also and if they scan to SMB then the scanning will have to be setup again which requires an IT person to provide the information needed to do so. There are many settings that need to be written down and mailbox info if they scan that all goes away on an upgrade. This is not a simple procedure for someone to do until you have done enough of them to remember what all the critical info you need in order to complete the full ghosting of the controller. I am hoping that you know who the installing dealer is on this machine as they are the ones that will be able to get the authorized copy of the new IPS software, since that serial number has to be in KIP's system to match with the dealer trying to order the software.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to mention that with as old of software as that machine has I doubt you'll be able to use a usb DVD drive to ghost it with, it will probably require an EIDE type of DVD drive for the machine to use as the default boot device. You also have to change the settings in the bios to get the machine to boot to this device on startup.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: not communicating Reply with quote Back to top

After all this, it turns out this machine is not even on M/A with us!!!! But I do still need a copy of the K105SC driver so I can hook up to the one I do have on maintenance, it has intermittent black lines in it, and looks like first thing service manual says is to hook up laptop and run scanner calibration.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought, on the earlier models they would tape the dvd to the bottom of the IPS, it may still be there if that company elected to keep the software with the machine.

audiej58
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: k105sc tech cd Reply with quote Back to top

No, no luck on that either, checked both machines, neither one had a cd taped to it. Any other thoughts on where I can buy one from someone?

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

audiej58 wrote:
Yes I have confirmed canon and kip ip addresses, the 2 plotters sit side by side. It acts as if nothing is happening at all, kip screen acts like job was submitted but nothing prints on the canon.

you can take the canon off the network and see if that IP address is still live. if so this would indicate an IP conflict. and the calibration page might not be getting routed to it properly. although i think it would make it there eventually, i have seen stranger things happen.

I may be able to find a 7.2 disc somewhere. send me a PM and we can work it out.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have sort of the same issue I have a kip 3100 try to copy to ipf825 but the kip only list the ipf820 when trying to print Cali sheet it just cancels on the canon. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: