Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Is the 6000 a good machine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Is the 6000 a good machine? Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is an older model so I wanted to get opinions before making an offer. I have never worked on one, only the newer models, 3000 & 5000.
I have a new customer that wants to sell their Starprint 6000. It has the scanner & stacker. Works good.
Is this something worth pursuing or avoiding? I think I can get it really cheap.

Is there any value to this for resale? What would be a good price to buy it and average price to sell it? I have a few customers that have asked to keep my eyes open for a low cost wide format. I don't want to sell them something that will be problems.

Thanks for the help

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: I took the bait,,, Reply with quote Back to top

I ending up buying the 6000. It is clean with 200k on meter. It has the 2050 scanner & 200 stacker table. It passed good test pages so I offered a ridiculously low price and they took it.

As I said in previous post my Kip experience has been mostly with the 3000/3100. Copier tech for 35 yrs.

Anyway have a few issues / questions. After I got it back to the shop I cleaned inside and changed wires. Pages looked great 36 x 48. I changed test mode to 30 inch length not to waste paper, when trying to run 36 x 30 machine stops with E-07 cutter error. OK with 48" length. Even though I didn't think it was a bad cutter (cuts fine) I took it out of machine, blew out, bent the hm pos switches to make better contact. Weird thing is when it stops 30" sheet is halfway through fuser with trailing edge just off the sensor in middle of transport bed, then about 8" piece just cut and laying in middle then about 12" being feed into machine. Any ideas what this could be?

Machine also had a tower & keyboard. I'm assuming this is for scanning or like a server? Can someone explain the deal with printing & scanning with this machine?

Thanks for the help

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The E-07 could be from bad paper clutches. Did you lube the cutter while you had it out?

The workstation you have with it is mainly for scan to file. There should be a program on it called KipScan that is used for that purpose. It should connect to the scanner using a SCSI cable.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks cjwilt. What gets lubed on the cutter?

I think I found the problem. The stud on the frame that latches left side of paper drawer had come out and was laying inside of machine. So left side of drawer was loose. Put stud back on and so far so good. I'm assuming it was intermittently losing the drive or electrical contact for the drawer?

Was also getting the paper unwinding from roll #1 hopefully this also takes care of that problem.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That could take care of the problem too. Those studs were known to loosen and fall off from the factory.

To lube the cutter I just use a light oil on a rag and wipe it across the top of the pie wheel cutter, then slide it back and forth to work it in. You may have to do this a few times to get it good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: