Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 ?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brotherlarry
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: 3000 ????? Reply with quote Back to top

machine keeps running after warm up says processing print job but does not print just runs/cycles. Customer ran out of paper reloaded paper when this problem happened/started. ?????????

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which version of IPS software is the machine running?

brotherlarry

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: software version Reply with quote Back to top

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to look at the printer and/or unattend to see what is showing. Is there an issue with the printer itself or is Unattend somehow reporting something incorrectly from the printer.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's worth mentioning, again, that KIP supports up to 7.2 on that printer and no further. I also recognize that many have upgraded past that point with success......just saying
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

brotherlarry

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: unatend not loading Reply with quote Back to top

unatend not loading says loading .....

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would reghost it back to 7.2.348 as 7.3 was nothing but junk. I would also re-seat the interface card in the controller, the controller is not communicating with the printer.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is going to be an IPS issue. If Unattend is stuck at "Loading...." and won't open and the printer is continually running, then I would point my finger at the printer.

Unattend, when it opens, is trying to "talk" to the printer and get status. If it cannot get any status from the printer, then it will sit at "Loading...".

This was changed in later versions, but on the 3000 it would just sit until it could "talk".

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going with jezebel09...

Just check the small monitoring display (hardware user/service display), you will probably see a problem here, open door or error code.

Check the fuser door contact, sometimes there is poor contact.

You can also check the interface card as tjohnson says.

oestech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: You might also try this if unattend won't load Reply with quote Back to top

Close down all applications running on the IPS so we are at the desktop level. It is possible you will need a keyboard to end all applications running in the task manager by sending a ctrl-alt-del.
Go to the diagnostics folder and open My Computer
Browse to the following folders and delete the contents of the folders:
D:\TU
D:\TS
D:\TC
D:\Monpath1\Request
D:\Monpath1\PRequest
Go to D:\Monpath1\Logdir. Select and delete 'Joblist.dat' and any other files with a *.dat file extension.
Right click on the C drive and go to properties
Go to the tools tab and under error checking, select check now
Pick the first option – automatically fix file system errors and hit start
You will see a message that says could not be performed until you reboot would you like to schedule this now – select yes
Repeat this procedure for the D drive as well and then from the start button, select shutdown and then pick restart from the drop down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: