Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7700 PC not powering on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: 7700 PC not powering on... Reply with quote Back to top

Client with a 7700 is having issues with there controller not powering on after machine has been off, they say:
"It seems that whenever the main machine is powered off or goes to sleep over the weekend (not positive about that), the internal PC loses power, but doesn't come back on along with everything else. So I just turn it on manually, and all is well."
The BIOS has been checked to make sure it wasn't set to not power on, so I am just looking for any ideas as to what could be causing this problem.
Thanks.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you check the Bios settings for any "Wake On" settings? That could cause it.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Customer sais they checked the BIOS settings and that they were fine.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You let your customer hook up a keyboard and get into the bios? I hope they know what they are doing.

I personally would verify this before moving forward. In some cases we have had to replace the controller for this problem. No big deal if it's under warranty but if it's not, that will cost you a few bucks.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont 'let' my customer do anything what they do is beyond my controll all I can do is advise...and then fix the problem if they dont listen. He does have a good comp. background though, so Im not worried about that.
When You had to replace the controller, do you know what the problem was ?for example, was it the mother board, etc... just trying to trouble shoot all avenues since this client is a few hours away and dont want to waste a trip.
Thanks for your help.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I don't know for sure what it was in the controller but I would guess it was the mother board. We took the bad controller to another customer to test it and it did the same thing there too so we know it was something in the controller and not the IF card.

It's good to have customers who can look at stuff for you like that. I wish we had more like that.

Sorry I don't have any other ideas at this point but i will keep thinking on it.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also had a 7700 that the IPS would shut down and not reboot or if the customer would toggle the on/off switch to clear an error code like they did on their last 4 Kips. IPS would turn off and not reboot. After ghosting, checking bios sleep settings under up replacing the IPS and have not had an issue since.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You. I dont know if this will make a difference or shine more light on this, but I did re-ghost this IPS 3-17-14 and did the upgrade patch. It ran fine until I had to change the heat lamp (which was a long drawn out horror story), after I got the lamp to work, no problems until 2 days ago, when it started doing the no power on after machine power on.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we are sure that the BIOS is setup correctly AND the controller does power on manually, then I would point my finger to the PCB in the printer that controls the power signal to the controller (IPS).

This has been known to fail and if it isnt working properly, then this exact symptom would be shown.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you can turn it on with the power button then there should be power supplied from the internal PS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: