Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7900 ghosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: 7900 ghosting Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having an issue with ghosting on left side only,fuser roll looks fresh. Any ideas?

Thanks

graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: 7900 ghosting. Reply with quote Back to top

I am having a similar problem with my 7900. It only ghosts if there is a solid black block on the print. It does not ghost anything else. Tried changing cleaning roller, improved it but did not solve.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if Kip has updated the repeating image documentation for their current generation equipment? Have either of you done a panic stop to verify where the ghosting is coming from? For me most of my ghosting comes from transfer issues.

graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Ghosting on 7900 Reply with quote Back to top

My issue is not true ghosting. It is like not all of the toner is transfered to the paper as there are faded looking areas in only the solid black parts of the print and then the residual toner is placed further down the page. I hope this makes sense. What I mean by the solid black parts are the title block and signature block on the title page. The residual toner is only placed down the page one time and does not continue to the next page. After that the page is clean. True ghosting continues to repeat. This also happens if there is a picture on the print. Anything with heavy coverage.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7900 and i had to lower the transfer wires, and in addition I had to adjust transfer current in service mode. My problem didn't look like ghosting but I was not getting a good transfer of the image on the drum. I know what I'm saying sounds counter intuitive, but I've noticed that my 7900 doesn't run the way the service manual says it does. What do your #2 test patterns look like?

graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Arlen. If the test pattern #2 is supposed to be solid black bands, it is not. The bands are grey instead of black. I would think lowering the transfer wire in this case would cause the bands to be even worse. Not only are the bands more grey than black but they are not consistant. Lighter, darker, etc. After emergency stop, I can see the residual on the drum. Cleaning roller is not the issue because you can see a faded or grey area in whatever is the solid black area on the print and it is placed further down on the print only once then print is clean.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like you've got the same problem I have been dealing with. If you unplug the IM corona at the board, and your problem is the same as mine, you'll not get a solid black print either.

I have only been able to affect it, and get black bands in the #2 test pattern, by backing off transfer wire height by 2mm. Be sure to put in a new transfer wire. I have also had to go in and work with transfer current setting to zero it in. #2 test pattern should be solid black, not grey toned with light lines running through it. You are getting residual on the drum because of the poor transfer.

I know what I'm saying is totally backwards from the universe as we know it, but I spent close to 8 hours trouble shooting and working with Novi, and that is what we came up with. Please let me know how your machine responds when you adjust transfer current in the service mode. Mine seems to run backwards from what the service manual states, is the effect of adjusting transfer current.

graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Arlen. Who would a thunk it. Your fix worked. Lowered the transfer by 2 mm. #2 test pattern looks great and no more residual toner down the print. Thank you very much for your help.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a bit old, but just wanted to give Arlen a big THANKS.
Dropping the transfer corona down 2mm worked perfectly. Completely backwards.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Add me to the list. Thank you very much Arlen! It definitely seems backwards but it worked like a charm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: