Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

6279 not fusing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: 6279 not fusing Reply with quote Back to top

So i have a xerox 6279 and the problem it is having that it is not fusing in one are but it only does it on the first print after that it works fine till you send a new set of plans. what has been done, i have installed new fuser roller new pressure roller, new thermistors checked nip width, also adjusted fuser temp none of which has helped. It is not smearing but when you rub your hand over it it wipes right off and it is in the exact same spot every time was hoping to get some help i am at a loss thanks.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the fuser lamps? If I recall correctly that thing has three of them.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have not but i was told that a fuser lamp will either work or not work my thinking was that they could be getting weak in one area that was my next check and you are correct there is three of them we might just replace them anyways at least that is what the higher ups want to do.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should be able to ohm the lamps out to see if they are good or not. With 3 of them, maybe one isn't working and causing this problem.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will give that a shot going there today

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So today i replaced fuser lamps and the problem is still there. What is weird that after the first print the issue is gone till you run a new set of prints. I went ahead and rechecked the nip width and it was spot on. I am just baffled at this problem and was hoping someone out there has had a similar problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: