Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Worm Deletions on 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Worm Deletions on 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

The machine had some other problems like pulling the paper too fast through the fuser so i turned the fuser speed down to take care of that. I replaced the media. The worm deletions are still there. I replaced the transfer and separation wires. Also the image wire. Still getting the deletions like worms on the last half of the drawing. These are oversize 36x60 prints. It is better now but still getting these worm deletions. Anyone know if its just humidity?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be humidity....How miles on the pressure roll? You may also need to put a slight bow (up) in the fuser entrance guide.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

700000+ miles

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then you need to rotate em buddy........

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I put another fuser in and did the ssame thing. So not sure if its that.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't mention that you put a fresh roll of paper in.....In any case if you swapped fusers then it stands to reason that the issue is probably not the fuser Smile. I've had a couple of similar problems on other printers that turned out to be the plastic guides on the TS loose or out of position.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Worm Deletions on 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

Nathan_Snapper wrote:
I replaced the media.

I did mention. I didn't say paper though. I used a snooty term lol. I dind't check the blocks or the caps. or the drum blocks. There hasn't been a change of drum on there. It has a scratch in the middle and has mad bad prints for a while now.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Media isn't snooty I just can't read with much comprehension. I'm reffering to the plastic guides covering the separation wire not the blocks. Just something to check until the cause of your misery is found. My misery was caused by two ex wives.............

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which fuser motor speed did you change? There are 3 motor speeds (settings on No. 070 to 075). Do you have a KIP3000 Service Manual. I have version E.2 and on page 8-61, it shows the defective image (white void) and crease of paper. It explains how to set the motor speeds (including motor speed switch timing). I found that slowing down the speed for 2nd and 3rd fuser speed and the 2nd and 3rd switch timing helped, although you'll have to do trial and error on exact adjustments.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good I will try that. Thank you. I did do the fuser speeds. I didn't do the switch timing.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got another conundrum. The paper isn't wrinkling at the fuser its out of the drawer.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Read this thread:

http://keepitprinting.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6483&highlight=

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you that is a load off my mind.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed this with some rubber rejuvinator on the feed rollers from the drawer and in the first part of the feed into the trnsfer/sep unit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: