Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: 3000 scanner Reply with quote Back to top

It appears there is a need to clean the inside of the glass as cleaning the outside didn't remove the line in the scans.

The SM makes it appear a complete tear down and removal the CIS is needed to get it, is this true? NO easier way to attempt to get rid of this line?

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only experienced Kip Tech I have is on medical leave for an undetermined amount of time, but at least a long while.

Should I be unable to rectify this, does anyone know a good Kip Tech in Salt Lake City?

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you have a line when running a scan if this is correct, have you tried calibrating the scanner again that is the first thing i would do. there should be a calibration sheet with your scanner you will also need a laptop all of this is explained in the kip 3000 service manual.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try making a copy and look at that section of the glass for a scratch with a flash light. If there's no scratch it could be something on the glass that requires a hard finger nail or a razor blade to get it off.

If it's a scratch you will have to replace the glass.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like cjwilt said, make a copy, open the scanner hood, take that copy and lay it in the scanner (face up, under the hood, while still open), line up the copy as if you are about to scan it and then find the line on the copy and go straight up with your flashlight. That would be your area to check with a flashlight. Don't forget that it doesn't have to be a line, it could be a tiny speck and as long as it's in line with the CIS, it's going to create a line. Also, if it's at a point where two CIS overlap, it could be either front or back one. If this area is nice and clean with no scratches present. I would do the scanner calibration. There really isn't a need to replace the CIS if there isn't anything on it. But if you must, I suggest moving the CIS around to see if the line moves, to confirm that it is the CIS before ordering a new CIS......

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After determining that the speck must be inside the glass and determined to think of an approach to avoid the hassle of tearing the unit down, I tried using my old school electric shaver because of its heavy vibration.
Holding the scanner as vertical as the hinge allows I wrapped a soft cloth around the shaver and held it against the offending CIS glass.
WaLah, the offending dust speck was vibrated out of the line of site and the line is gone!

Cheers!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, my DSLR cleans the mirror in a similar way.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have a Gillette DSLR? It's the best a man can get you know?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, got a Pro Fusion
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Loopy
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem. Align the black line with the CIS, etc -- nothing. Cleaned all the CIS's then cleaned again, and again, and again. As a last resort, I slid my finger along the CIS. Felt a tiny, tiny, tiny spec of something at the location of the black line. Scratched it off with my fingernail. Wa-Ha. No more black line !!!!
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: