Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP2050 with windows 7 via SCSI port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuqinn
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: KIP2050 with windows 7 via SCSI port Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

Can I use KIP2050 with windows 7 via SCSI port by KIP Scan Client?

If cannot, anyone has the solution how can i use KIP2050 with Windows 7 via SCSI port.

Thank you

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to my knowledge no.
i asked kip and they do not support scsi with win 7.
i think windows 7 phased out scsi use as well so this may be why.
in addition, getting the software to work on a windows 7 machine would be impossable on a 64bit OS. and if you have a win 7 32 bit then why use windows 7 at all? just stick with XP and it will work.

sorry for the news

fuqinn
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's ok and thank you

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can always get it to work in XP Mode within Windows 7. I've had success with many legacy products and programs running in XP Mode. It will only work in Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and you need to download and install Virtual PC & XP Mode. It is a bit of a pain to run it this way but it does work.

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Caltech, you have actually been able to get the scsi card installed on a Windows 7 with XP mode? I just updated our scanning computer for our 2160 to Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit & cannot get it to work, even using XP Mode.
i'm wondering what i might be missing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just checking in to see if anyone has any new advice?

I'm tasked with this same project. XP is out next month.

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From everything I was able to find including a good day or two of trying different configurations followed by speaking with KIP, you cannot use Windows 7. I ended up having to install Windows XP on our new smokin' fast 64 bit computer...but been working fine since.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news!!!

I managed to get our older scsi scanners and 2200 usb scanners to work with windows 7. It's not too hard and seems to be functioning fine.

MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good news!! 64 bit or 32 bit though?

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cjwilt wrote:
Good news!!!

I managed to get our older scsi scanners and 2200 usb scanners to work with windows 7. It's not too hard and seems to be functioning fine.

Good, what all is involved with the SCSI? I have a 2100 Color working with 7 - 32bit.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I should have said that... 32 bit here.

TX,

Nothing real special. Installed request first, then scan, along with the SCSI drivers then reduced UAC to the bottom. Set it to run in XP compatibility mode. I was surprised it work so easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: