Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

band on large color area's only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: band on large color area's only Reply with quote Back to top

I have banding on large color area's only everything and I mean everything is or has been replaced or up to date ANY IDEA'S PLEASE .

THANK YOU Mad

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ran a sample of each color individually to help narrow down the possibilities? Is it coming from all colors or just one? How does a plain B/W print look?

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TJ, I have ran the colors by themselves and they look good. it's just when we print these signs or others with a large mass of color that we get this banding. the back ground is a dark blue the banding is even darker does not matter what size or paper it is left to right not up and down.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do the bands look consistently in the same area? If you have any printhead contamination if may not show up much on single colors but when laying 3 colors on top of the fourth it may show up much more drastic. I've fought the printheads on my C7800 a bit for banding due to the printheads. An examply if you could post one may assist in any other ideas. I'm also wondering if your heat roller looks consistent from one end to the other?

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TJ, check your e-mail

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if I see anything I'd call banding on that print. Between the V & A I see a small streak that can be dirty coronas or toner dropping from somewhere. Between the A & R I see what looks like printhead overlapping between the B & C sections of the printhead. That adjustment is picky, you can probably go 2 positions before that dark area will start becoming a void line. Am I seeing what your issue is or not?

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tj, about an inch or so down under the word paper u should see the bar that runs across the whole print then scroll down to the yellow star second point from the left u can see it again. if you are viewing this in adobe reader make it 200%

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tj, I resent you the sample this time I wrote on it right here view it vat 200 % though. thanks for your help

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I could see it that time, I could pick it up easier when not zoomed into it. If I had to venture a guess on that one I'd say it is something in the drive system. I can't tell you if it is in the drum/developer/fuser drive or in paper transport. I know that is of virtually no help, i'd probably start by turning over assemblies to see if something feels too tight or too loose. How many clicks does this thing have on it?

yankeeboy
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry about the delay. the printer has 714378 sq ft on it.
every thing is up to date.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing I thought of is to check all the brass grounding plates in the developer units, make sure none are worn through, are cleaned and lubed.

kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ads wires can cause this

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are the bands left to right or lead edge to trailing edge?
If they are lead edge to trail edge try printing it without the stacker attached.
The stacker can dent the paper and in areas with a lot of toner it looks like banding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: