Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 7900 PDF Settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelDOT1
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: KIP 7900 PDF Settings Reply with quote Back to top

Good morning,
We are currently running 2 KIP 7900 (Software Version 7.4.170 and Firmware Version K116 1.61) printers and the KIP Print software (version 8.0.1). Without going into too much explanation, we have been having an issue printing PDFs through our setup. The issue is, we use 34" x 22" images to print both 34" x 22" and 17" x 11" print sets. However, when we do this, the 11"x17" prints (using a 50% force size) come out very dark due to the resolution doubling on those prints. However, we found that if we set PDF Dither Mode and PDF Min Feature Size both to "Standard" we don't get the resolution "doubling" and the print sets look very similar.

So, after all that, my question is, has anyone ever had to deal with this, and does anyone know of a way to make the "Standard" setting for both of these fields the default for the printer, so that we can leave those fields set to "Printer". Or, when you add a PDF to Kip Print, is there a way to force those two fields to default to the "Standard" setting?

I know that in the Printer Config you can set those two fields to a default, bot those settings on PrintNet do not match the settings in Kip Print and "Standard" is not even in the PrintNet list.

What I was hoping for was a way to change an INI file to trick the controller/printer into using the Standard Dither Mode and Min Feature Size, but I can't seem to find anything and my Dealer/Service Tech isn't aware of anything either.

In advance of any questions, we have tested every combination of the other settings, and none of them give us our desired results. The only workaround we have is to create a set of 34" x 22" images and also a set of 17" x 11" images. I also know that you can just set the first file to the correct settings and use "Sync Columns" but our Operator sometimes forgets to make those changes, and I want to take it out of his hands.

Thanks in Advance!

Billy
Dover, DE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: