Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 Not Printing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasqueradeShadow
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Kip 3000 Not Printing Reply with quote Back to top

The kip 3000 we have in the office I work in has quit working. I am supposed to be the one to fix problems like this but I have tried going through every solution I can think of. When told to print, the job never shows up on the touchscreen and now it isn't even showing up in the printer queue. I have tried everything basic and obvious. I was just wondering if there was maybe something I overlooked or haven't thought of.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are printing from a Windows Printer driver, can you pause the print queue and print something? Does anything show up in the Windows Printer Driver Queue?

If it does, then the next thing to look at would be the port settings for the printer driver. Right-click and select properties, then click on ports. You should have something like KIP0 selected. If you click that and then hit properties again, make sure this is the right IP address for your printer.

Also, something to check as well, can you even make a copy on the 3000?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it show up in Unattend? I'm guessing not, if you say that it does not show up on the touchscreen Job Info screen. When you say printer queue, do you mean the windows print queue on the workstation? Have you tried pinging the KIP? Confirming that it is connected correctly to the network? Actually, if you see it pop up in the printer queue but never makes it to the printer, then I'd check connectivity. If you don't even see it show up in the printer queue on the workstation at all, then it might be something other than a KIP issue.

Also, is there any errors on the printer? Like jezebel09 said, did you try to make a copy, or run a sample print from config page?

MasqueradeShadow
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The KIP is copying fine. Or at least it was. It is now giving us ink blots all over the page. We know that this is more that likely an issue with the roller. However, it is still not printing. I have checked connectivity and I am now checking to make sure the IP address is correct. Is there anything else that I should try if any of this fails?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<The KIP is copying fine... However, it is still not printing>

Please explain
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me, it seems like you are having more than one issue here.

For quality, what you are saying is that when you go to make a copy, the print that comes out of the machine has ink (toner) blots all over the page? But is the image of your original also on the print or just a blank sheet with the blots? Hard to figure, need more info from you.

For connectivity, if it had worked once before and all of sudden no one can send drawings to it, I would check the network settings inside the configuration on the touchscreen. If everything in there is correct, I would try to ping it from another workstation. If there is a reply, I would go to a workstation that has the kIP Software, like Request, Windows Print Driver, or PrintNet and see if you can connect to it. If it worked at one time, you shouldn't have to reset anything, just launch the software and if it shows roll information, toner info or paper info, you should be good. If you are software savvy, get a laptop and use a crossover cable and connect it directly to the KIP and that would tell you if it's the KIP or something else.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clean the printq on the controller. Then see if the jobs will go through.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please check if you have connect the printer driver port to 8421 and not 9100 as per windows default.

for sure, if your not able to ping the Kip, you have a network problem.

Also, did you tried to print from Request ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: