Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner CIS assembly question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Scanner CIS assembly question Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP3000+ that has the Class H CIS. 3 of them are scratched but I have 2 KIP3000 and 1 KIP3100 in house. None of which are also a Class H CIS. BUt my question is, what if I take off ALL of the CIS from one and install all of them into this one. Then recalibrate, think this is possible? Anyone else try this before?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about the 3100 but as long as you swap all 5 sensors from a 3000 I think you're gold. The class is just a way to group similar CIS specs. Update the sticker if you do swap them all.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So it doesn't really matter if it's a Class C,D,G or H? That's what I'm trying to get at. If you go to page 5-284 of the KIP3000 service manual, that's what I'm trying to reference.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The class is just a way to group similar CIS's. As long as they all come from the same group you should be good

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Mark, you need to know what class you have if you are ordering just one from Kip. If you are going to swap out them all, just make sure you use sensors that are all from the same class.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to complicate things....

Remarks :
This part is different between monochorome and color.
If the monochorome machine is converted into the color machine
with the color update kit, use the part for monochrome.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If in doubt With the 3000 CIS just swap the glass from one assy to the other. Just a few extra Allen screws. The 3100 glass attaches differently if I recall correctly. So that one I'm not sure will work.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have even turned the glass around 180 degrees on the 600 scanner before and it moved the scratch out of the line of vision. Not sure if this will work on the 3000 as I have not tried it on that model but worth a look.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just going to try to replace all of the CIS. This will be my first step. Replacing them on the 3000s are different (and more time consuming) because you have to remove the top cover and all the boards and stuff. As the 3100, you can simply open up the scanner cover and two screws to remove the glass.

I have am confident that replacing all of the CIS will be fine. Thanks guys. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why replacing the CIS ass'y ??

Just go to the glass store ans ask if they can make new glass and just replace them. I had do to it last week, it's a 4-5 times I did this and work fine, no calibration to make.

Just a small remark, not all of glass store will try to do it cause the Kip glass are very small.

It was cost me 50$ tx in for 3 of those glasses. Also, bring an example of the glass.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer to just change the glass, but from what I remember, the older KIP3000s had the glass connected to the CIS Assy. Is there a way I can just take the glass off. I have 3 that I have to replace. I know that the 3100s, all you have to do is open the scanner up and remove two screws to replace the glass but I know we have to go in from the top and remove the cover to get to the older 3000s. If I can take the CIS out and just replace the glass and reinstall it, so that I don't have to worry about what "group" or having to recalibrate it, I would be happy to do that.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just replacing the glass is just a few extra screws and 2 Allen screws after you remove the CIS. Then the glass assy. Is off the CIS. Kip has a TB or TIP which will guide you the process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: