Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

kip3000 white IPS unit motherboards!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: kip3000 white IPS unit motherboards! Reply with quote Back to top

Yay here i go again. I have 13 3000's still left with the white boxes in them and now all are falling over. Can anyone help me with getting some motherboards?
MSI MS-7065

there is no real solution from our friends at Kip other than expensive replacements.

I hope you are all well! [/b]

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about going to MSI direct....or Ebay
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have never had any luck with MSI direct. Not sure if anyone out there has?

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Still keen Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

I am still searching for these boards or maybe some one can tell me if they know where any of these complete maybe for sale?

Thanks,

Chuck One
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: 3000 white controller motherboards Reply with quote Back to top

Due to problems with KIP support I've resorted to having the motherboards repaired myself. The capacitors are electrolytic type. It was explained to me that the electrolyte is drying up ( swollen capacitors).I hired a rework firm to replace them and the motherboards are like new again.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great to hear. How much do they charge you and can you share their information for the rest of us?

Thanks

Chuck One
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went to a company in Eden Prairie named Proto Service. The 1 board I had redone, had 2 capacitors that were visibly bad . They only charged me $20.00 for the work. Also they did it while I waited (about 15 minutes). I just left them 2 more boards to have all the caps replaced. I'll post again when I see the results.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please post contact info.

Chuck One
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Proto Service
6520 Edenvale Blvd Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Brent (952-412-2567)

Last edited by Chuck One on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chuck One
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To date I've had 3 motherboards for Kip controllers reworked with new capacitors with 100% success. I left him 1 more today to have rework.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We repair the motherboards in house. There was a flood of faulty capacitors that hit the market early 2000's and almost all the major manufacturers were caught up in it. it's very easy to tell as the top of the capacitor starts to expand and sometimes even leak some fluid. A good capacitor will be perfectly flat on top and the bad ones will be rounded. They are fairly common capacitors and can be found at most electronic stores. This falls under manufacturer defect and should have been covered under warranty. I know I personally replaced well over 200 Dell motherboards under warranty for this same exact problem.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 3000 white controller motherboards Reply with quote Back to top

Chuck One wrote:
Due to problems with KIP support I've resorted to having the motherboards repaired myself. The capacitors are electrolytic type. It was explained to me that the electrolyte is drying up ( swollen capacitors).I hired a rework firm to replace them and the motherboards are like new again.
I have repaired two xerox/dell controller motherboards onsite at the customers with a quick trip to radioshack... all you need is replacement capacitors and a soldering gun.... stick with the same UF value but you want at least the same or higher temp rating and voltage capacity...
(I have repaired about 15 flat screen tvs and bluray player the same way btw... one of the worlds largest cpacitor manufactuer was producing garbage for a number of years before anyone figured it out..)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Parts Wanted All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: