Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Backgrounding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2300 Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Backgrounding Reply with quote Back to top

My 2300 is back grounding when you use line/photo mode and it does not matter if copy or scan printer is good.
I did the scan calibration did not help cleaned glass and lamps it is only 5 months old has anyone else experienced this problem thanks.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your original drawing is crinkled, folded or anything but a smooth surface, the scanner usually picks up on that because it'll take the air space in between the paper and scanner glass an make it a shadowy background. It can be eliminated or at least lightened, but you will have to play with the quality settings.

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I understand about the prints be flat and smooth so what i did was run an internal print and still got background. Called kip yesterday and they finally called me back today ( great customer service) but they said it could be dust on the mirrors or it's the board.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, it's the printer, not the scanner. What model printer do you have?

newbe1
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What i should have said was that i ran an internal test print then made a copy of that and still got background , anyways finally got it fixed with the calibration sheet, when the scanner was originally installed and the backup was made it was not given to me and now it is gone so it has been a hassle but at least it is fixed so far thanks dlee for the help.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2300 Scanner All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: