Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Gray haze on bottom 2 inches of print

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mascan42
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Gray haze on bottom 2 inches of print Reply with quote Back to top

I have an issue with a 3000 that is giving a light gray haze on the last 2 inches of any size print. I can also see a faint image of the print in this area. This happens at the exact same spot on any size print, except for a short one like a configuration page. Then it jams in the transfer area with a J0107 code. The spot where it stops printing is also 2 inches from the bottom of the page, so I think the two are related.

The machine has the trail edge haze modification on it. My only guesses are either a separation voltage issue or a problem with the paper sensor just past the transfer unit. Any ideas?

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you see when you remove the side cover and watch the paper travel through that area?

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Grey haze on trailing two inches Reply with quote Back to top

I have been Dealing with a customer on this issue for months now, it seem to clear up with a thorough cleaning of the transfer Corona assembly.

But this has become a weekly necessity, driving me crazy.

I'd love to hear more on this topic.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the transfer is dropping out.

Have you tried replacing the end blocks along with both wires? I have seen the separation wire cause transfer issues so don't over look that one.

mascan42
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The transfer unit is new. The transfer, separation & developer voltages are good. The cap on top of the transport sensor actuator was missing, but replacing it didn't help.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the photoreceptor drum end blocks/collars ? Make sure they are in the proper position and tight. If they are out of position they will push the transfer unit out of position. And if they are not tight cause drum ground issues. Just thinking out loud....

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try lowering the wires down?

mascan42
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It eventually turned out to be a defective transfer unit. It was replaced about 2 months before the problem began, and it showed no signs of arcing, so I had assumed it was OK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: