Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Squeak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Squeak Reply with quote Back to top

I have a unit that is giving a squeak in the fuser unit I have lub all the gear and bushing, clean the pickoff, clean the thermistor . I know it not the pickoff because I cheated the door and left the upper off from the roller and lifted the lower up one at a time the squeak is not steady but once for a second each time the roller turns even in slow turn has anyone have this problem and what did you find. this unit has 60k

Hug your kids they need it

9lives
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I ran into a squeak problem. It was a fairly new machine where I found the lamp's wires (from the factory) entangled with the fuser roller. After I had to replace the lamps and re-route the wires, it had a squeak.

The lamp lead wires had sat against (or close enough to) the pressure roller and had burned the bearing. I replaced the bearing and collar on one side of the pressure roller and the squeak was gone.

solidrock
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had the white rollers on the upper part of the exit section cuasing squeaks. They are easy to get in and out, and I just put a little bit of super lube on the metal shaft then slid the roller over top.

DCP00
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also get these squeak's. I replace bearings on fuser roller and backup roller and it disapears.

Jay
intern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We had this happen too. The pressure rollers seem to be the first of the rollers that the bearings need replacing.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i get a squeak from the fuser exit rollers bar. The one that sits on the rail holder and it isn't going away. I have all new components on this machine. I use high heat grease to see if that would do it but no luck.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The last 2 fuser squeeks I had was actually in the fuser drive, although it was tough to determine that while simply listening to the thing run. I would suggest taking the motor out and clean/lube the gear train shafts.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The gears in the Fuser drive that squeek are usually the two behind behind the Fuser roller drive gear looking from the rear. You have to remove the Fuser unit to really see them.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you guys use on those for oil? I use the 3-1 oil or triflow. I also use a grease for gears. It worked for the fuser but i don't know for how long. It was an amazing difference. There was build up around those rear two gears.
cleaned it up and put some triflow on and BAM!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use triflow

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Triflow is excellent. You might also look for Zoom Spout oiler, very high grade lube.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last year, I had the same issue with an in-house 5000. I would lube the shafts, gears, or replace bearings and then a couple days later, it would come back. I tried everything. This is what I ended up doing and it's never come back since. If you open the fuser door, on the right side is the little white plastic gear that spins the roller shaft. I took the plastic gear and pin right out and left it out. It doesn't hurt anything if it doesn't spin. (The only thing is if you do not have a power stacker, your prints might stick in the fuser exit because the lower shaft does helps push the print out. But then again, maybe a gravity stacker might be OK also, as it's just the TE and weight and gravity could work.) I have a 1200 stacker behind my 5000, so the shaft isn't really needed. I've never had a squeak or jam (due to the gear being removed) ever since and it runs top notch.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've found that unplugging the printer will stop squeaks 100%......
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, you are correct. I don't know why I didn't think of that. It sure would[ve saved me lots of headaches..LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: