Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 black lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copyman
intern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Kip 3000 black lines Reply with quote Back to top

What would cause these black lines (see link below). It happens usually after 20 sheets are run. I cleaned the whole machine and still doing it. 345K sq ft on the meter.

I didn't see a way to add attachment to this post so I posted in another forum and supplied the link.

Thanks in advance

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/other-brands/70676-kip-3000-black-lines.html#post319499

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was not able to see picture in the other forum, so I'm only guessing that if it happens after several prints it might be a hot or dirty spot on your IM corona

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to post a picture or attachment in this forum? I have the samples as Jpeg & PDF's.
I think if you see the pictures you will know what it is right away.

Thanks again

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I upload my pictures to imageshack.us they give you code to post in forums like this one.

copyman
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: SAMPLE Reply with quote Back to top

I hope this works. I used photo bucket. Thanks again for any help.

http://s1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag16/copyman1/?action=view&current=kip5_Page_2_zpsc2f5d69d.jpg

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geez those are ugly. Once those lines start to print out, are they consistent that you can do a panic stop? At first glance they look like a developer or possibly a fuser issue to me, but some of them come to an abrupt stop, so I also wonder if there is a problem with the write led assembly. You might want to check or reseat the connections for the write led.

RMS
intern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have cleaned everything as you say, I would check the copper ground strap on the charge assembly. Make sure it has good contact to P-Head when it is closed... Or try to clean you charge grid really good.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those lines look digital to me....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Mark, I definitely see a digital pattern to those lines, as suggested in earlier replies, I would check the ground plate on the charge corona to make sure it is touching the LED head, and maybe loosen all the wire ties from the controller board to the LED head.

arlen
resident

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What was your resolution to this?
We ran into the same problem. We found it was only doing it when printed as PDF's, and on one computer in the office. We dumped the adobe reader and downloaded new off of the adobe web site, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: