Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Windows 7 64 and Connections Failed in Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shosterman
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 64 and Connections Failed in Request Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

I normally do IT work like standard break/fix and was thrust in the world of KIP when one of my clients, a print shop, wanted to get a new computer. They upgraded from a very old Win XP machine to a more modern Win 7 Pro 64bit machine.

I installed what I could and then referred my client to their equipment sales support. Everything seemed fine until I got a call this morning that the on-site support tech could not get the new PC to connect to the KIP 3000 through any means. We tried disabling the firewall, installing and running as Admin with both 7.3.112 and 7.2.4 from the website. Even disabling the UAC completely.

However every time when trying to add the device through IP it always states Connections Failed! Now I can ping the IP with no problem and the old computer on the network still works fine.

I thought while writing this maybe two computers can't add the device at the same time?

The technician had to leave, but stated that he's never had this problem. He's installed many on Win 7 machines before but the others usually had newer equipment like a 7000. Maybe firmware?

Anyway to summarize, I'm willing to start from scratch and I will work with the technician when needed, but we're both stumped.

Please help! I'm going to be looking at it again tomorrow.

Take care,
Steve

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: KIP Connecting Reply with quote Back to top

What version of Kip software is on the printer? If it's 6.5 then you will need the patch to make it compatable with Win 7.

Or if you are able, Update the KIP to KIP 7.2.348

shosterman
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the quick reply, I didn't expect it so soon!

I will have this information for you tomorrow or maybe the technician recorded it. I assume you are referring to the mixedenvironment patch I saw on this forum?

Again I'll ask the tech about updating the software and let you know what happens tomorrow.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've run into similar issues when there is more that one device on an IP. Also you need to blow away any previous versions/drivers before doing the install. If you are unable to find the install guide PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first time loading request on windows 8 a few weeks ago was on a network only 2 computers print to the kip. The owner had to replace his PC and I used the working XP PC to identify the current IP for the Kip.

It seemed like everything was fine (using 6.5) until I tried a test print, then it would error and close the program.

Eventually after trying several times to re add the Kip 3000, instead of inputting the settings myself let Request auto search for it.

Request finds it and identifies it with an incorrect IP address, I verified from the working PC again that that address was indeed incorrect but yet it now functions properly with no problems since.

Stumps me, but I really wish I understood how that's possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: