Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Center background due to gap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Center background due to gap Reply with quote Back to top

Hey folks. lets try this one. I have a KIP 2000 that has less than 10k sq/ft on it and has terrible background in center. here is what i have noticed. there is a slight gap between the dev roller and the blade roller that is letting toner escape through. i tried to re pressurize and buff the roller but it still leaks.

This dev unit blade is the style without the plastic wheels that ride on the blade roller. perhaps it needs the other style blade put in it?

Let me know what you think. I am stumped because the machine is always so clean when i look at it. they hardly ever use it.

-ken

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ken,

The cheaper route would probably be the newer style scraper assy but I don't know if you can still get them from KIP?

It could also be that the Dev roller is so old that it just needs replaced.

Have you tried bending the scraper assy (a little) to push harder in the area where it is leaking?

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It did not deem like I could bend much without damage. The gap is not in blade and blade roller it is in blade roller and dev roller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: