Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

OCE PDF License

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: OCE PDF License Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys, I've only install 4 Oce PW 300 in the past 2 years so it's been a while. I just in stalled another on in our showroom. I can't remember how to go get the .dat file for the .pdf license? I tried calling OCE support and the guy was no help. I can't find it, anyone know where I can get it? I can't find it on TSM. I have an old bulletin that tells me the ftp site but the UN and PW isn't working.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

they should be posted on the dealer website....oceusa.com dealer log in, software support I think....

If you can't get it, send me the serial # and I will download it for you.

[email protected]

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I found and faxed in what I needed in regards to the MAC address and all. I also found the sheet that tells you how to retrieve the license file, and it looks like an .FTP site. They gave the UN: FTPdealerpw and PW: Dpw987!, but they will not work? Did they change this?

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.oceusa.com/extranet/ext_product_group.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302161117&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395317849&bmUID=1363790129254&SSO_App=SS*

Here is the address for the dealer log in.
Since Canon took over, it is much more difficult to find.

If you still can't get on, send me the serial# of the device, and I will see if I can get the .dat file for you.
Greg

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got as far as the instructions on how to download the .dat but the Username and Password doesn't work to get me in. The serial number is 330111043 if anyone can help.

THanks

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see that particular serial # on the PlotWave 300 list of .dat files.....
give software support a call and they should be able to get it to you via e-mail......
greg

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it on an ftp site, in which you have to provide a UN and PW to get too? I remember doing that, but now the UN and PW doesn't work.

The guy at OCE Tech was being an ass. For some reason he wasn't straight with me. I asked him how? He said website. I said which website, then he says OCE website. So then he tells me after I download it to go to Webexpress and log in. I say, under which should I log in? He says, Oce Service. I ask for the password. He says it's the 67 password. I'm like, Dude, just help me out here. Then he says the 675756 password. Then I said, "OK, I'll figure it out." and hung up.

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can get to the passwords, no problem...will you verify the serial # with the paperwork you sent them, and what you posted here?
The serial # 330111043 is not on the list.
You can call me at 303-572-7905 x 229 if you like.
Greg

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys, I finally got it. OCE Tech support wasn't much help. But since you guys said that my serial number wasn't even on the list, I decided to call the phone number on the Password Authorization fax sheet. He confirmed that he got it yesterday and said it was posted. I kindly asked him and he walked me through on how to get it... Very Happy

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To retrieve the .dat file for .pdf license.

1. csa.canon.com

2. Helpful Links: My Account (MyOce)

3. Dealer Access: Wide Format Printing Systems Reseller Web Site (UN & PW needed to continue)

4. Service & Support: Special servicing information

5. Technical Service: Oce Technician Servicing Information

6. (Machine and Controller Passwords (Software Fulfillment))

7. Posted This Week/

8. Find machine type (PlotWave 300/)

9. Look for machine serial number with .dat extension

10. Right click and save link as......

11. Open WebExpress (online with IP address)

12. Support tab - Licenses - UN: Oce service PW: 675756

13. Activate

14. Choose file and browse to where you saved it in step 10 above.

15. Follow instructions to finalize activation of license.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even though I don't work these any longer I'm saving this one . Very clear directions........something I didn't expect from you... Shocked
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I usually just post jibberish...LOL. I'm just trying to make it a habit to post any findings because I know how frustrating it was trying to find them. Don't you guys just love the posts that end with "GOT IT" or "Fixed it", but they never tell you how or what they did?

YOU'RE WELCOME... Laughing

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GOT IT!
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: