Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Light or out of focus Kyocera 3650 which is a kip 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkB
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Light or out of focus Kyocera 3650 which is a kip 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a copier tech but we did sell a couple of these wide formats. In general they work great. This one has 16k feet on the counter and is 5 years old. The fine print is hard to read. The large font looks good. When I print the test pattern with the dots and the grid pattern. the large dots look good put the fine grid pattern is hard to see. We replaced the charge unit and no change. I see in the manual there is a focus adj, could the machine get out of adj. and what else could be the problem? [/img]

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have the manual just do a complete PM paying attention to the printhead lens. KIP printers go lite with a dirty printhead unlike others that go dark with a dirty printhead.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

MarkB
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We did clean the print head. Any other ideas?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pull the developer unit out and look at the devloper roller. It should have a good covering of toner evenly along the roller. If not the roller might be glazed and in need of cleaning.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would also recommend checking the drum collars, the aluminum blocks on both ends of the drum, if they are not sitting exactly flush to the inside of the frame of the machine you'll lose your drum to printhead spacing along with developer unit to drum spacing. I got bit by this when I first started working on KIPs. Clean coronas and printhead are vital also as mentioned by others.

MarkB
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One more dumd question. I am going to clean the roller developer and if that does not work I will rebuild the dev unit. When I rebuild the dev unit do I need that start up bottle?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No just use the cartridge and dump enough toner to cover the augers and you should be good. Machine will fill it up after that.

MarkB
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I cleaned that glaze off of the roller developer. The prints got better but the very small print is still hard to read. I am going to rebuild the dev unit. Thank you for all the input.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: