Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 Hard drive and software
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Kip 3000 Hard drive and software Reply with quote Back to top

I beleieve I have a corrupt hard drive, I cannot clear the joblist, the first job in queue shows processing, I am Unable to delete this or subsequent jobs in the queue. I have attempted to manually delete through the desk top and D drive. The joblist still shows after this process, Any ideas? is the hard drive corrupt. ? Is a 3100 hard drive and software the same as the 3000, I have a good 3100 hard drive.
the config page shows software version 1.3.70
firmware V, K105SK 1.00
printer eprom Q105X08A
restore image version PPR-IPS-XP- 6.5.362-02
Thanx for any help.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you closing Unattend or Que View when you deleting the job? If you dont it might not delete the current or top job on the print cue.

To delete the job go to the D drive/ monpath1/request and delete all the files in there.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CHILLIN is right on the money. You might also have to run chkdsk with repair on C and D to clean things up.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neil Johnson wrote a script long ago for this very problem. It installs on the controller and makes it easy to clear the jobs out. Be aware, it does not work on 7.x software.

http://www.plottrackerpro.com/tools.htm

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the replies guy's. So we tried to manually remove with monpath1, joblist etc. The jobs will not clear, then we ran chkdsk with repair, the hard drive crashed after checkdisk repair and all we get is an orange light on the ips!! {YOIKES}
We obtained a new hard drive and loaded the only software we have version6.2. !!
The new issue with this new hard drive and old software is the screen goes blank and unresponsive [sleep mode]. We have set the bios usb wake up from S3 to enable, we also tried this suggested fix.
Sleep settings need to be modified,
Open the WINUNTD.INI file on the IPS in C:/Program Files/KIP/Unattend and edit the lines ADVANCEDSLEEP=TRUE and SLEEPCOLDSTANBY=TRUE to =FALSE.
However the advancedsleep file dows not show in the menu? What are we missing?
The sleep timer is set to off but it still goes into a blank unresposive screen.

Is the software we are using too old for this suggestion? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote Back to top

Any help would be really appreciated guy's.
My kip 3000 will not accept the keycodes !! will not validate them at all. Do I need newer software? is there a Patch available?
config page printout info is as follows.
software version 1.2.55
firmware version k105SK 1.00
Printer eprom Q105x08A
restore image version PPR-IPS-XP-6.2.168-04

I can can copy only, the printer and scan license keys will not take. I have the original printed sheet with Keycodes and serial # for this unit.
Thanx in advance.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That version of software, the restore version, is very old and antique. I would recommend a full version upgrade to 6.5.485-03. That is the last true version designed for the 3000 although 7.2 versions work fine too. With the 6.5 you can add the mixed environment patch to make it windows 7 compatible.
Typically when a machine won't accept a keycode there is a problem with unattend loading or a problem with the interface card in the IPS. If I were in your position I would upgrade the software, full dvd version and add the mixed environment patch and if your keycodes still don't work I would call KIP and have new keycodes generated for that machine.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the reply Tjohnson, I finally got the keycodes verified and accepted , the unit prints from xp and windows 7 environment now even with this old software!!. We are not official Kip dealers so obtaining updated software seems very difficult to obtain from Kip.
The old problem of lhe unit going into sleep mode is a real pain with this old software. We are currently looking for a patch to upgrade if it is available? thx for the response.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome, but there is no patch, the upgrades you need are full version dvd upgrades, with a couple of patches you can install on it. I understand your situation though.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Version 7.2.172 Reply with quote Back to top

I have available an ISO image of version 7.2.172 , Do you recommend loading this software to my Kip 3000 which is currently running software level restore image version PPR-IPS-XP-6.2.168-04.

My current machine info printout is as follows
version 1.2.55
firmware version k105SK 1.00
Printer eprom Q105x08A
restore image version PPR-IPS-XP-6.2.168-04.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be fine, once you have that installed you can get the patch to update it to 7.2.348 which is the last version of 7.3 written.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Thx Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx so much tjohnson. One last question if you don't mind, The hard drive in the ips is an 80 gig IDE, these drives are getting hard to come by, can a SATA drive be used in the Kip 3000?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only if the motherboard has an SATA connector on it, some do, some don't.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bad file Reply with quote Back to top

I have an issue from one computer only, running windows 7, When he tries to print a pdf it prints out an error page saying Bad file image too large, this is only on one system, the other computers running windows 7 are all ok? He can print ok from auto cad etc.
The output is set to kip script the same as the other drivers on the other computers, Any ideas? thx.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you install the drive as admin, install Request as admin and after installing, before opening, go into the shortcut properties and check run as admin, give everyone aii permissions in the shortcut and the driver?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: