Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

DJ 500 groan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: DJ 500 groan Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys I have a DJ 500, in fact about every 500/800 has a groan every time it advances the paper while printing. The tech that trained me said it is just the nature of the beast. Just wondering if anyone else has tried to track down the reason and if so, what fixed it?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may sound stupid, but have you turned the spindle by hand in its slot to see if the noise is there? I have had some of the spindles make horrible noises when rotating, and simple cleaning of the ends of the spindles and the areas of the machine that holds the spindles have taken care of the noise. That being said, I have heard the paper feed on many different HP plotters make noise and the motor feeds the paper and have never tried to replace a motor to see if that is what caused the noise.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wish I could get my wife to groan like that..........
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd be happy to make any woman groan like that Mark! lol

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I would, even a whimper would do......

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You guys make this forum so worth while.

I love it Laughing

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back at you CJ. The depth of knowledge and willing to help attitude of the active members here always makes me groan.....And none of this would be possible without Steve Verili (Had to say that, he has two of my developer units)

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lubricate the media exit roller shaft at mounting points.... sometimes just spraying a bit of light oil into the middle hole between each pair of rollers will work... or you can remove the platen assy and get to the shaft bearing points.

littleruf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was a common problem on the 1050 and initially HP issued a "Service Kit" to fix it that included a small bottle of oil that you used to lubricate the exit roller shaft by squirting oil between the rollers. I had one making so much noise that i replace the roller and noticed that there was a huge build-up of paper dust at the ends of the roller where the plastic gears mounted to the metal shaft. I have since started placing a small amount of Lithium grease at those 2 points and have not had to repalce any more roller shafts. HP has subsiquently stopped selling the service kit. Think they may have decided that oil all the way across the paper path was not a good idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: