Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

"Out of Paper" error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: "Out of Paper" error Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 3000 almost 3 months old that gives a "out of paper" even though paper is loaded and it registers the paper. This problem does not alwayse happen but if they are sending plots over it will just stop and come up with this error. To correct it they will open the media drawer and reshut it.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The one 3000 I have in the field started giving me a similar problem about 3 days after it was installed.
After much head scratching, I noticed that the brake on the left side of the paper spindle was actually walking the spindle up the drawer frame far enough to diengage the gears, giving a false out of paper indication.
The roll was almost empty, making the spindle light enough for this to happen.

I noticed that when I put the spindle in place, I had to push it harder and the drawer frame sides flexed more than when i installed the other spindle, so I "adjusted" the drawer frame a little by bending the sides out, I also slaped a little silicone grease on the brake and haven't had the problem again. I don't know if grease on the brake will cause other problems, so use this advice at your own risk.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: End of roll error Reply with quote Back to top

I have also seen this happen with several of our 3000 in the field.
So far no solution, spoke with Kip and they seemed unaware of this problem. Ha! I was told not to mess with the brake on L.H. side of spindle, any ideas appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a machine that is doing this. It seems that when the paper on the spool gets low. The brake on the left side actually starts to walk up the side on the left causing out of paper error. It seems like the spring on the right is too strong and pushing too hard to the left.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we have had the same problem, but our out of paper issue has been the "holder" (its called plate stopper in the parts manual) is loose enough that it actually slips outside of the rod and stays down. the roll is then loose and flops around, so much so that you can actually hear it. if you tighten up the plate stopper by bending it actually is too tight and stays up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: