Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

rolls keep sliding back - brake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Signdude
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: rolls keep sliding back - brake? Reply with quote Back to top

The rolls keep rolling backward causing an error. I was told you can adjust the brake but I don't know what to look for. I haven't been able to find a service manual, just a user manual. Any help would be appreciated!

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Spindle Brake Reply with quote Back to top

ON THE END OF EACH PAPER SPINDLE IS A BLACK BRAKE DISC. IN THE CENTER YOU WILL SEE 2 SMALL HOLES ON A RING AND SOME CEMENT TO KEEP IT FROM TURNING. JUST INSERT A SMALL SCREWDRIVER AND TURN RING ABOUT 1/4 TURN DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO PUT SOME DRAG ON THE ROLL.

Signdude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the assistance. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Can I adjust the clutch? If so, how?

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Rolls Backing out Reply with quote Back to top

The clutch has to be changed can't really clean it.Also check the rubber tire on the end to see if it spins freely when paper roll is removed. I have had the bushing get sticky and causes it to slip. lube bushing with light oil or Triflow lube

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Def. make sure that the black roller on the end of the spindle is against the foam gray roller of the sensor and make sure that the black rubber band is not caught against the side of the machine. These will cause the paper to drop automatically.

Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it is Roll 2 or 3 you may want to check the Pick Up Roller shaft that has a Sprag Chutch ( One way bearing ) in the gear on the inside of the drawer the diameter of the shaft can get worn down slightly and cause the 30T Gear to slip which when the drawer is closed the paper is driven back into the drawer and the spindle is not driven backwards causing the paper to be in a loose state when you open the drawer back up to inspect ( after trying to make a print ). It took me a while to determinr this o a high mileage machine I have. If you order the shaft you may as well get the gear too. Good Luck we can all use some from time to time!

Old Al

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see that this an old thread, but one thing that will cause this that 3 top service techs missed is if your paper vendor has made their core tubes thinner by increasing the inside diameter. This will make the roll spin off center. To check this back the paper out of the feed point and spin it backwards (like rewinding the paper on the roll) and watch how it spins. We had this problem and went through many service calls and I finally noticed this. The paper was obviously off centered. It was bad enough that you could see it and the heavy side was obvious by rolling down and even rocking back and forth. This was happening when printing, but would only pull the paper back when the heavy part of the roll ended up at a point where the weight would pull the paper back. The clutches could not overcome the force of the offset weight of the paper.

A modified spindle is some help, but the only real solution is getting the right core inside diameter. It took threatening to change suppliers to get it solved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: