Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS700 STF SMB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: TDS700 STF SMB Reply with quote Back to top

I have a TDS700 that locks up when the customer tries to scan over the network. It prints like lightning fast over the network, but when they go to scan SMB the machine freezes and lags behind on the scan views big time. The PLC also takes about 20 minutes to initialize, unless I unplug from the network than it takes under 2 minutes.... Your Thoughts?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this is something new then ask their IT "professional" it any changes were made on the network over the weekend.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this has been on going for almost a year is seems like it's getting worse. I am just procrastinating upgrading the PLC again. and wondering if anyone else has had issues with this as well

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another consideration, does this customer have multiple locations requiring the printer to reach out over a distance? I have had issues where network traffic would slow file transfers to a crawl. If the server is in another location it may also be bandwidth.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The server is in the next room about 30 feet away. Small builders exchange located all in one 2000 sqft building

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cez-My little pea brain is out of guesses. Last one, if the controller is a Dell I'd pull the cover and inspect the caps on the motherboard.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope Fujitsu ......

Wrenchturner
intern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try clearing out the set memory and spooler areas.
Be sure the scan destination folder is cleaned out as well, and make sure that the scan numbering is not beyond the ### designation. You just need to start the numbering at 1 again.....

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't get the hard drive to pass a check disk test. Replaced the seagate with a Western Digital reinstalled the PLC software and now it's running like a champ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Software Discussion Area All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: