Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-07 when paper runs out, not from cutter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: E-07 when paper runs out, not from cutter Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 5000 that is kicking my butt. When it runs out of paper it keeps feeding the last piece (that should rewind back in drawer) and as soon as that happens an E-07 pops up. It is nothing to do with the cutter because it is not trying to cut when it happens. That being said, I replaced the cutter assembly, all 4 drawer clutch's & 2 main feed clutch's, all paper sensors, dc driver board, dc controller, spool brakes, and clipped all wire ties. I have had the E-07 pop up sometimes during printing also, it does the same thing it keeps feeding the next print with out pausing and the E-07 pops up. Every time it happens the last print is leaving T/S and the next print is just getting to drum. So when you open the process unit you see paper directly in front and behind the T/S unit letting all 3 wires exposed.

Any help would be wonderful.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you try the registration clutch?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering if it is the cutter BUT due to the fact that the cutter is trying to cut the last sheet. Remember, if it is the last sheet on the paper core, there will be no tension holding the LE for a clean cut. The cutter could be trying to cut but with no tension, the paper will shift in the direction of the cut and can cause a jam.

kipman
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did replace the Registration clutch it was the last thing I did and knock on wood it has been almost 3 weeks so far no call back. I guess KIP forgot to add possible registration clutch problem to the damn E-07. What a lot of crap that put me through. Keep that one in your memory it was the first time for me.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only have one 6000 in my territory and I started getting those codes last fall, on the previous service call I had replaced the registration clutch due to another issue. The jury is still out as to if the new clutch started my codes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 6000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: