Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI

6.5 can be patched to work with Windows 7.

What headaches are you having?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad it was found. If you are using 6.5 you will need the mixed environment patch to make it compatible with windows 7. If you don't have that patch email me and I'll send it to you.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cannot set up KIP ports, so I have to set up the Kip using TCP/IP
KIP request acts real funky. Have to turn off UAc, etc. to get Request to even print....chase down permissions, etc on folders to get PDF's to be recognized. Have to install request as admin, but not run it as admin or we cannot drag files in to the drop box, etc.

For the most part, we had everything up and running fine, but the more computers we add/upgrade to win7 64, the more time i have to spend fussing with them to get the kip to run correctly....I guess it is job security

What is the patch? Is this something I have to get through an authorized dealer?

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjohnson wrote:
I'm glad it was found. If you are using 6.5 you will need the mixed environment patch to make it compatible with windows 7. If you don't have that patch email me and I'll send it to you.

Ok, thanks...will do that.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In_Maine wrote:
Cannot set up KIP ports, so I have to set up the Kip using TCP/IP
KIP request acts real funky. Have to turn off UAc, etc. to get Request to even print....chase down permissions, etc on folders to get PDF's to be recognized. Have to install request as admin, but not run it as admin or we cannot drag files in to the drop box, etc.

For the most part, we had everything up and running fine, but the more computers we add/upgrade to win7 64, the more time i have to spend fussing with them to get the kip to run correctly....I guess it is job security

What is the patch? Is this something I have to get through an authorized dealer?

The patch makes the KIP windows 7 compatible. Without it you have to use an old version of request. You can install the patch through printnet, if your current version of request is too new, sometimes you have to close out unattend to get the patch to install. I've never had a problem with request once this patch is installed, you do need to go into the request to tell it to always run as administrator on windows 7 machines.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjohnson wrote:
you do need to go into the request to tell it to always run as administrator on windows 7 machines.

In general I have found that to be the case, but the end behavior is not consistent....some machines will run it fine as admin, others would gray out the drop box if run as admin...all settings set the same, but different results...then later down the road ones that were working would suddenly not, etc. Just an IT headache.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, after a full reimaging, our kip 3000 is back on line and working as it should. Thank you all for your input and help.

I also installed the the patch...thank you tjohnson.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Next time, just simply make a check disk on C: AND D:. Corrupt files may hang up WinUntd. 90% of the time it fix it.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slyman wrote:
Next time, just simply make a check disk on C: AND D:. Corrupt files may hang up WinUntd. 90% of the time it fix it.

Thank you. I did try to do a chkdsk /f on the drives and ended up with a blue screen...forgot to mention that, sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: