Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Cannot Modify Historical Queue Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Cannot Modify Historical Queue Size Reply with quote Back to top

After doing a full re-imaging of the ips from the disk and applying the KipServe_3_12_10_Mixed Environments patch, I can no longer modify the size of the Historical Queue. It is set to disabled, and if I adjust the size and hit submit, it always cycles back to disabled. I even tried to modify the winuntd.ini HistoryGB to something other than 0. When I restart unattend, i get an error that says it cannot load with those parameters, and defaults back to the bak file for the ini.

Now, I really don't care so much about using the historical queue....in fact, I think that is what was at the root of the previous issue I posted about, but it is in my nature to want everything to work, and to me, not being able to modify the historical queue size is a non-working state.

Any advice?

Thank you.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It need to be done through Printnet

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, wich version software was the original disk ? If you put the mixed-env. patch is because you are still at 6.5 version or less ?!?

If you have a newer version like 7.X, install this one and the patch related to.

Kip won't tell you but the 7.3 version work well with 3000's machine.

For your historical queue problem, I've never had any problem with this function. As soon as you change the size and click "submit", it should accept the size...but you have to activate the function in the "configuration" menu of the machine to let have access to the historical queue.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CHILLIN wrote:
It need to be done through Printnet

Thank you...Printnet is where I was trying to do this, but to no avail...every time I tried to change the value and hit submit, it never applied the change.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slyman wrote:
First of all, wich version software was the original disk ? If you put the mixed-env. patch is because you are still at 6.5 version or less ?!?

If you have a newer version like 7.X, install this one and the patch related to.

Kip won't tell you but the 7.3 version work well with 3000's machine.

For your historical queue problem, I've never had any problem with this function. As soon as you change the size and click "submit", it should accept the size...but you have to activate the function in the "configuration" menu of the machine to let have access to the historical queue.

We are still running 6.5. Yes, the patch was because of being at 6.5. We haven't looked at 7 as of yet, because we never had any issue with 6.5.

In the config menu on the printer, the historical queue shows locked, and when I try to unlock it it stays locked. All the other options on that screen I can lock and unlock at will.

Something has changed, but I think I will just be happy the printer is working again, and not worry about the historical queue.

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: