Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3000 down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Kip 3000 down Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
After a power blip today, our kip 3000 only gives the option to copy. All of the network printing, scan to file, etc, are no longer available. Also, it is not registering what rolls are loaded, and I don't see the IPS number listed on the info screen.

If i try to enter the keycodes they do nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check to see if Unattend/Que View is loading behind the User Interface.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remind me again how to get access behind the user interface, please.

I do see every once and a while something flash at the bottom of the screen that looks like winuntd and kipwatch.

Thank you.

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Login into service mode at the ? screen then go back to the ? screen and click the reset button. That should bring you to the Windows desktop.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

This is what I see:

a error screen keeps popping up:

winuntd
Runtime Error'5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Runtime Error 5 - Invalid Procedure Call
• Do you get this error when trying to Manage the Unattend print queue? If so, edit the winreq.ini
on the Internal Controller and remove the three Monpath lines from the [Multiple Printers]
section. Then, connect the Internal Request to Unattend using the computer name or IP address
instead of the Monitor Path.
• There is possibly a bad file in your LPD spool directory. However, note that monitoring the LPD
spool directory is now turned off by default in version 5.x. See Runtime Error 55.
• On older PCs, you may be using an old set of Visual Basic runtime files. Check the Tools directory
on the Powerprint Software CD for an update for VB.
• Confirm the Density values in the unattend.ini are set correctly, the highest value cannot be
over 48.
• Could be a corrupt Joblist.dat
• Create a new settings folder
• Clear the Recall folder
• Clear or create new Logdir folder

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eboucher wrote:
Runtime Error 5 - Invalid Procedure Call
• Do you get this error when trying to Manage the Unattend print queue? If so, edit the winreq.ini
on the Internal Controller and remove the three Monpath lines from the [Multiple Printers]
section. Then, connect the Internal Request to Unattend using the computer name or IP address
instead of the Monitor Path.
• There is possibly a bad file in your LPD spool directory. However, note that monitoring the LPD
spool directory is now turned off by default in version 5.x. See Runtime Error 55.
• On older PCs, you may be using an old set of Visual Basic runtime files. Check the Tools directory
on the Powerprint Software CD for an update for VB.
• Confirm the Density values in the unattend.ini are set correctly, the highest value cannot be
over 48.
• Could be a corrupt Joblist.dat
• Create a new settings folder
• Clear the Recall folder
• Clear or create new Logdir folder

Thank you. I am going to go through this list and see what becomes of it.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, no progress as of yet.

I get the error upon start-up of the machine, and it continues to pop up for ever there-after. The log file is filled with Runtime Error 5.

All the density values are ok.
not sure what you mean by Create a new settings folder...which folder is that?
I don't see a "Recall" folder....where is that hiding?
I did create a new Logdir folder
I also cleared the history folder and the problem folder.

I then did a factory restore....what does this really do? After the restore, all the settings were reset, but i could see that some files that I had created or renamed were still there. I figured it would have completely wiped the drives and reimage them.

Anyway, I am thinking I am going to have to call in service, because we need this back in production asap.

If you have any last minute advice I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, found where the recall folder should be, but there isn't one.

also, i did try to point request on the kip to the ip address...no change.

btw, nothing was listed under multiple printers in the .ini

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The factory restore rarely fixes corrupt files on the IPS. The only way to wipe the hard drive is to ghost it via a dvd rom into the back of the IPS with a keyboard and a mouse.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The only way to wipe the hard drive is to ghost it via a dvd rom into the back of the IPS with a keyboard and a mouse.

That is what my next step was going to be....only problem now is we cannot locate the restore disk that came with the kip.....it isn't in with the ips, and not anywhere around the printer. We just went through some remodel, and a lot of stuff was thrown out. I remember the disk being there a while back....now nowhere to be found....

Is there a way to get a copy of that disk??? Anyone have an iso they would part with?

Things seem to going from bad to worse.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any chance it is taped to the bottom of the IPS?

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjohnson wrote:
Is there any chance it is taped to the bottom of the IPS?

I wish it were. A while back, someone noticed it on the floor behind the printer... i think it must have fallen out after our last service is all I can think. I was pretty sure I taped it to the side of the machine where our service records are, but it is not there. Unfortunately, we have moved stuff around, and a lot of stuff has been thrown out lately....i have a sick feeling that was thrown out inadvertently.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are an authorized Kip dealer you can order the software. I would suggest using 7.2.348 for a 3000.

In_Maine
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tjohnson wrote:
If you are an authorized Kip dealer you can order the software. I would suggest using 7.2.348 for a 3000.

No...I'm just the lowly IT manager, but the good news is that our faithful office manager had stashed the disk away, so I will try to restore from that.

Would love to get my hands on an upgrade to 7.2.348 if it meant we would have less headaches with windows 7 64 bit...other than that we are satisfied with 6.5.

Thanks again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: