Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner Dumping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Toner Dumping Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 3000 that is continually dropping toner on the left side. I have read the memo on the gear tension... triple checked it... didn't change. I've rebuilt the dev. unit as per previous KIP units... didn't work. It started from day one, so I'm thinking I may have a dead unit.... anybody else have this issue??

Neil Johnston
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this twice. Both times I fixed it by removing the metal gear and pin then loosening the brass screw. Put a solid downward pressure on the shaft (reg roll) WHILE you tighten the brass screw up. The pressure from the spring is not enough. Put the pin and gear back on.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All my other 3000's work fine, I've loosened and tightened that damb assembly several times, even had my other two tech's try it. Same thing every time. Still baffled.

kiptech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

You might try releasing the pressure on the rollers then,vacuuming out the unit completely, making sure to get between the regulation roller and the developer roll.
Then repressurize the roller and add toner.
I helped me when I had the exact issue on an 3000.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: