Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP1880

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2KIP
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: KIP1880 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone

I have a customer with a KIP1880 with 28,000 meters of print on, and he's looking for somebody to sign a service agreement on the machine. I'm considering it, but before I do, can anybody offer some info on this machine, as I dont know it at all.

I'd like to know the following:

1) what is the life exspectancy of the machine
2) are spares still available for this device
3) was this a problematic model or did it run as well as the 3000, which i have plenty of on my customer base

I've been to assess this machine, and all the vital spares (Drum, fuser rollers, developer, etc) are all still in good order.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1880 was a good machine for what it was. Parts are still available through KIP. The last few years (look through the posts) there were some issues with speckle marks on the Drum. I did see some of my machines at the time have this issue but were taken out if service before it burned us. The drum are pricey. $1800.00 list price.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the 1880 is a real pain to work on. as the printer ages print quality is difficult to maintain. at around 200,000 to 250,000 on meter count the fuser will need to be rebuilt. way too many screws to remove to get covers off. there is an issue with paper infeed rollers which causes paper to back out. if the paper detect switch actuator gets broken or displaced while customer attempts to un-jam paper it is very difficult to replace this switch. I recommend you not service it under a service agreement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Analog Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: