Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

How do I make it print in color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: How do I make it print in color Reply with quote Back to top

Just sold a new machine, drove 125 miles, (service van started acting up)took it out of the trailer, up a ramp, thru the corriders, removed old machine, moved tables and equipment, set machine up, installed drivers, sales man was showing how to run, print, scan, change paper, etc., 15 minutes from signing paperwork.
Customer asks "How do I make it print in color?". Thought he was kidding!! Told him it was "black and white only". He then refused to accept the machine!!!
Walked outside for about 20 minutes before I did something that I would go to jail for. Reloaded the machine in trailer.
He has had a couple of service calls for his old machine. Takes me a while to get there and longer to fix his old machine. $$$$$.
Never mention anything about a new machine to him again, even though he keeps hinting that he wants one. I don't feel his pain

pq
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read this and had to laugh. Man do I feel for ya. But did you kick the sales rep or the the customer. I mean wasn't there a signed quote that said "monochrome printer" or "BW printer" or similar? If it was in writing and they signed a quote, they are bound to accept delivery.

Tech
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sales guy, who is really good, walked outside with me. He has an aversion to going to jail also. He was a little miffed also.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL...good one...similar to one I had with a fax machine back in the 80's.
Was showing a lady in an office how to use it, and she said with a straight face...."how does it roll that paper up small enough to fit through the phone line". I just had the deer in the headlights look on my face.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was she wearing shoes??
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> The service call from hell. All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: