Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Online Planroom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Printer's Point of View
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinkyp
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Online Planroom Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody had good or bad experiences with implementing an online planroom system? We're looking at it as a way to increase our print volume (and monetize the digital end of it). Seems there are many different ways to implement and we would love to hear any opinions from those who've benefited (or not) from going to an online planroom. Thanks in advance!

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Isqft is tough to beat.
Planwell is average.
Repromax PDM is barely supported and you better have talented IT staff on board.

In the end, I feel we are linking up to a sinking ship. all construction data will be delivered electronically.. and it will be very cheap if not free. The internet is not expensive to use when you have lots of users.
In our market, a sub won't pay for plans.. they are getting the same rfq from 5 - 20 gc's.. they will get free downloads from one of the gc's... why would they pay for the plans from our system?

My biggest issue that while we have had some success in getting our online services to market, there isn't much money in it.. like you would associate with a ground breaking new market. My advice is stay away, keep makeing money printing (if you are lucky enough to be doing so right now) and plan to get into other revenue sources soon. FM's, color...

drews
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to keep making money, you have to FM or sell printers. Then you can still make revenue from the subs printing their own stuff. We charge for emails, ftp, etc. Our print volume is down, but we are adding FM's all the time.

MadCopy
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Plan Rooms Reply with quote Back to top

I cant tell you how many sites we go to a day and pull plans down for subs. They dont want to be bothered. This too much security on these sites and it is causing problems for them. I also see alot of subs regretting purchasing machines in the last year. Alot of them are junk and after their first year of free service there starting to have to pay which is good for you guys.
I hate to say it on these forums but divesify and think color!!. If the Architecs
and engineers push color pdfs out within the next year you will see a big change in the industry. If HP is pushing 4 d's a minute out now, I'm sure we will see 6 or 8 next year. In europe you are already sseeing a big switch to color. I'm sure Kips got there eye on this. No? Hp t7100 is $9000. Color 80 is how much?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Printer's Point of View All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: