Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

1/4 bland and other copy issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: 1/4 bland and other copy issues. Reply with quote Back to top

I have a kip 3000 that has 4 issues
dumping on left side of prints causing 4 inch banding- re pressureize deve. rollers -ok.
but still getting 1/4 inch wide solid black band lead to trail (this band is on the drum), checked changed led erase ,charge assy,drum still getting 1/4 band along with backround and trail edge banding 5 inches wide.this client hs been down for a week with these issues. any had thest issues and know how to correct them. called kip still waiting for call back.
thanks for any input.
joe

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you take the little gear off the left side and loosen the screw that is next to it when you re-pressurized the developer? If not, I would try that. I almost always forget to loosen that screw.

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for your reply zoey but that problem i took care of by repressureizing deve. as stated in thread. its the other 3 that i need ideas for.
joe

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

found why i was getting 1/4 inch black band lead to trail bad LED Head assy.replaced assy black band gone.
still have shading at lead and trail edges anyone know of a solutions for this?
also can someone explain what the difference is between a type A and B kip 3000?
thanks
joe

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest difference between both dev A/B is the supply roller, A=foam style and B=brush style. I think the mix screw are different too.

For your trailling "shading", did your machine has the 13a Firmware with the new T/S style as per TB34a ? If not, I recommand you to order it.

For the leading "shading", you may have an electric residual on the metal plate, under the dev unit and before T/S. You can also check all your timming voltage.

hope it will help.

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the info slyman for the ts update for the trail edge shading, is there a a certin timing voltage i should be looking at for the lead edge shading?
thanks again for the info.
joe

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never had to adjust the timming voltage for lead edge, in case of you want to adjust it, it's service mode 4-37... but for sure, I did a few times, a good clean up and "brillanize" all the metal plate before the T/S corona to eliminate the static. Everytime, it solve my lead edge shading.

joe
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i ll try that , thanks again for the info slyman.i see the kip 3000 every once in awhile mostly service HP,Konicominolta,Xerox.
thanks again
joe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: