Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 2900 part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragarcia
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Kip 2900 part Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I was using my kip 2900 printer and had a couple up problems that only printed half the page and stated that a paper jam.

This happen several times in a row needing to remove the page from the back part.

I finished printing around 13 pages an when returning the equipment to its place notices a really thin cable hanging out, seems copper and similar to a piano string.

What is this part and does anyone have information as to replace it?

Any help is welcomed.

Best regards,
Raul

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like one of the charge wires. They are coated with gold and if one broke it could be shorting out causing the jams. You need to figure out which charge wire it is to get the proper replacement wire. Unless you can string your own wires? Follow the wire back to the assembly. Does it go to an assembly with 2 wires or just 1?

ragarcia
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: disassemble Reply with quote Back to top

The wire cames out the back and is pressed by a hot roller and an orange rubber roller.

I'll try to disassemble the top part to look into the printer and check it out.

I'll get back with more info and try to post some picture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: