Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New KIP 9900 & 2300

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMS
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: New KIP 9900 & 2300 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone seen these machines yet??? Whats the deal with KIP all of a sudden changing the line up? They must be taking lessons from HP on their product line change. Hopefully the new 9900 is better that the current 9000... Does anyone know what the 2300 is replacing?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 2300 is a scanner, probably replacing the 2200 / 2100.

I wholeheartedly agree with your wishes for a good replacement for the 9000. As it is, the best replacement for a 9000 is an 8000!
With Canon buying Oce, Kip needs a really good production machine.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here are some links...

http://twitter.com/kipamerica
http://kipamerica.blogspot.com

caltech
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a presentetion of these today. I am most impressed with the new 2300 Scanner. Looking forward to seeing that replace the 2100. It will now scan a foam board.

AJG
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't get too excited just yet...we all saw how well the 9000 turned out.... Laughing

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just did the Webinar on these products. The 2300 looks Sweet. It has User Select Mode ( original face up or face down), it also has Auto Original Detection and Adjust auto for the thickness of original ( Documnet Press Surface ) Spped is faster than the 2100/2200
20 color original scanned in 6 mins on the 2300, compared to the 2100 of 11 minutes on the same 20 originals

Overall it looks like a much better scanner than the 2100/2200...but again the proof is in the pudding....time will tell.
The 2300 is set for release in Mid March and the 9900 is set for release in Mid Feb.

A Couple things I really like about the 9900 is it has a 6 month or 500k warranty and a 12 month 1000000 sq on the LED Head, Automatic Enviromentaly Adjustment Humidty and Temp. 22 D a minute 600X1200.
Reduce Parts Cost, I think he said Load Paper and Toner on the fly??
Again proof is in the pudding...

What do you all think about these machines? I would like to hear some feedback.

Cheers
WT

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I did the Webinar and heard the talk but...they way things have been going with kip and the "new" 9000 they are really going to have to "walk the walk" to get me to jump onboard.
Don't get me wrong...I like what I heard...just not certain what you get is what you saw when it comes to purchasing the "latest and greatest" Kip products.

Please, if someone takes the plunge feel free to tell us all about the experience.

I am not moving to the front of the line for this round of customer oriented R&D.

SVT_underpressure
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After looking at the "information on technical certification" on the 9900 there are some good points and what appears to be advances in media transport.
Improved cut length by way of a modified clutch/brake in the media drawers and software calibration
Resolution of 600x1200...soon be able to print HQ photos.

BUT...The developer assembly can only be used in the 9900...not backwards compatible with the "wonderful" 9000...go figure.
Different toner and cartridge.

..."its a wonderful day in the neighbourhood"

w0085655
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had a horrible KIP 9000 that after almost a year of tugging back and forth, KIP finally accept the 9000 back and replaced it with a 9900....wonderful peice of machinery...I had been spending 10 hrs a week on the 9000 just to keep it from being a giant paper weight, now I don't have to think about the 9900 except for when I do my weekly PM. Hats off to KIP on the 9900! I have one 2300 and I have a scrapping noise when the transport moves up and down, and from time to time the edges are cut off, aas if they had Eng selected instead of Arch (which isn't avail on the 2300 since it reads paper width) It's connected to a 7900, but you can see the edges cut off in the Preview. I find the 7900 is having some difficulty as well. I have a squeaking main motor. I've had my customer submit a set coming out on 24in, and then it will change and put the 24in drawing centered on 36in, with lots of 24in paper left....a head scratcher. I find as well that some drawing with margins very close to the edge of the paper, will not print when submit, changing paper cut length and anything in diag hasn't fixed it, the customer has to change where they plot their margins...BUT the 3100 can print/copy them perfect unlike the 7900/2300.... disapointing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: