Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2050 Will not scan to file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: 2050 Will not scan to file Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with a 2050 running Scan 6.5.1 and all of the sudden the scanner will not scan. It goes through all of the motions but does not give a preview or produce a file. It does not give a error message or act differently from normal. All of the cables and connections seem fine. SCSI card seems to be working normally. It will make a copy to the print engine but it will not scan to file. I have reloaded the Scan 6.5.1 software and it did not change anything. Any help is appreciated.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably a stupid question, but did you try rebooting the STF PC? Since the scanner and PC talk through SCSI connection, the scanner has to be on prior to the STF PC startup or it will not recognize the scanner. If for some reason the scanner got disconnected at the SCSI cable or even just as simple as being shut off for some reason, you will have to reboot the STF PC to re-establish communication.

OOPs, just reread your post. It does not give an error message on the scanner or STF PC? Then this is new, if it gets disconnected like I mentioned above, you will always get an error message on the STF PC whenever you hit any of the scan buttons. I'll have to rethink this.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: NO STF Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't see K75 at boot up, It could be the internal SCSI board in the scanner!!

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed on out Kip 2050, there are two scsi slots on the back of our scanner. Make sure you have cable plugged into the Top Scsi connection. I would also check pins on the scsi cable ( I have seen 1 pin bend and cause all kinds of problems ) Problem def in Scsi cable or board.

Good Luck
WT

Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Have tried all of the remedies you all have suggested already except for replacing the SCSI adapter in the PC. I just hate to order a new Adapter if ther was another possible solution. Thanks for the suggestions.

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the SCSI card can be OK, but driver corrupt. right click "my computer/properties/hardware tab/device manager/select device/reload driver" can also re-seat the card or try different PCI slot. Adaptec 2940 cards are available refurbished and new.

Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After trying everything I could think of with all of your help, I tried to uninstall the KIP Scan software and reinstall logged in as adminstrator. Boom works fine. Here's the trick something has happened on the server where the scan files are written and it will not let a file be created unless you are an administrator. Thank you for all the suggestions. It turned out to be a permissions thing on the server.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good find..so I'm guessing that when you hit the scan button on the STF PC, the touchscreen on the scanner did change to Scan mode. This would have been helpful or we should've asked. Next time, try scanning to a local drive or desktop of the STF PC. This will tell you if there is something wrong with permissions to server or any network issues. Thanks for sharing the info..............

Yamadog
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes dlee it sure did change to Scan Mode, sorry I thought that was a given when I said. It goes through all of the motions but does not give a preview or produce a file. We have tried scanning to a local ( Physical ) drive and Network drives none of them will work when logged in as anything other than the Administrator. The network administrator came in and made a new profile for the workstation and it worked until you make a new folder and then guess what I get another call and "something is wrong with the scanning software again!!!" and all th ewhile it is has to be something with the permissions in the operating system on the STF PC. Thanks for all the advice and help it is appreciated very much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: