Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Stuck on start up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Stuck on start up Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, we have a 2050 scanner STF station that was connected to a KIP6000 that we use in production everyday with no problems. So this morning, we leased out the 2050 scanner and STF station (no printer). I go to install the scanner and STF station. Basically brought everything over to client's office and connected and rebooted everything. YES, I moved the black and silver screws for transporting it. But now, when I go to boot the scanner, it gets stuck on the "Please Wait" screen. I hear the cams and rollers and everything else move and adjust then it says "Please Wait" on touchscreen and nothing happens from there. I have the SCSI from scanner to PC on. I"m looking in the manual, but is there something I have to do becuase the scanner was once connected to a KIP6000 and now it isn't. Could this be affecting the start up of the scanner?

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you check to see if direct print was disabled? It is BUD number 24. Also you can change the priority setting, BUD 20, and change it so the scanner has priority over the controller.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Zoey, I would love to check those BUDs but the thing is that it gets stuck on the "Please Wait" screen on the scanner touchscreen and will go no further. Crying or Very sad

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It even gets stuck when you try to go into service mode while turning the scanner on? Sorry to hear that. Please post your solution as I have never seen that. Thanks.

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had the same problem the other day, and unplugging the printer cable from the scanner solved it. Didnt get further than that though, but at least the scanner comes ready to diagnose

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far I'm sure I got this under control but have not yet been back to find out for sure. On Friday, I brought the STF computer back to the office because it would keep lagging or locking up and would not recognize the SCSI. So I bring the STF PC and plug it into our in-house scanner and the PC starts right up and ready to scan in under 2 min., so I'm guessing it has to do with the customer's site. They had the scanner, STF PC and monitor plugged into a power strip attached to a 50' extension cord. This is most likely the issue: power. So I'm going to go back and have them move the scanner to the other wall and plug the scanner and STF PC into a wall outlet and see if it makes any difference. Will keep you all posted.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Plugged the Scanner and PC directly into wall outlet and everything is working fine now. Weird..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2050-80-120 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: