Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 2200 ERROR 214

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: KIP 2200 ERROR 214 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, i need you help!, i recently bought a KIP 2200 and we have installed it, and the first error was please wait... we have been for many hours, the next day we started it and the second error was "glass or platen becomes dirty (214)", we cleaned it many times and nothing!, finally i found a answer here in this forum about hold the start button and press 1, i did it and the first time i could skip the error, but the indicators of the machine put power indicator and never the indicator put in ready.

Now, when i powered it the error was 214 and hold the start button and press 1 didn't found. Please i need help!, thank you with regards.

Andrea

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CPU board is faulty. Had this error many times and every time it turned out to be CPU board

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: KIP 2200 ERROR 214 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!, so you think the CPU board is faulty?, this board is inside the KIP 2200?, where you got this new board?, it happens that I am from Peru and here do not sell this type of machines, we buy in the U.S. there sent us.

Andrea

Brainz
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your best bet is try to get one from whoever sent you the scanner, or perhaps the Doctor has one for you

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried doing a shading on the scanner? I had a Kip 2100 scanner that was giving me a similar error and a shading solved my issues.

Clean the glass and the platen before you start a shading.

Cheers
WT

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the seller didn’t tell you it was in good condition or hopefully you have some type of warrantee on it. Unfortunately, like Brainz said, if the CPU board is bad you will have to see if the person you bought the KIP2200 scanner from can get you one or ask the Doctor (owner of this great site..lol). If not, post on here under the “parts wanted” and we as a community will see what we can do.

Also, don’t forget that it takes about 30 min. to do a shading on a KIP2200, not 2 min. like the other 2000 series scanners. Good Luck.

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: KIP 2200 ERROR 214 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!, and thanks for your help!!... just a question... How can i do the shading on the scanner???, I don't know that Shocked ... please, I really appreciate your explanation!! Smile... and yes, in case, I will post in "parts wanted" =D!!, because I asked to Doctor, but he didn't have any!! Sad... thanks!!!

Andrea

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Post an E Mail and I will send the pages you will need to do a shading.

WT

wadetech
intern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent instructions to: [email protected]

Let us know how you make out.

WT

anmi89
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: KIP 2200 ERROR 214 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, thank you very much for your help !!!!, finally solved! Very Happy That was the solution!, Do the shading !!!... I hope this can also serve others in the future, have this same problem! ... I'm really grateful to you all !!!... and wadetech, Thanks for sending me the instructions!!!... Very Happy

Andrea Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2200 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: