Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

What is the point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Kangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: What is the point? Reply with quote Back to top

What is the point of continuing to take orders for 3000's? How many have each of you received vs how many did you order? Yeah, the Ricoh blows dog, but at least you can get them. Can't bring a business to a halt whilst KIP strokes themselves as successful cause the have backorders up the ass.

This forum is about truth, KIP is about controlling information. I challenge the members here to post anonomously how many they ordered and how many received.

The point here is to shed light on this marketing clusterf#$%& and make KIP aware, you bet they read and post here, that they can't keep us like mushrooms.

I will start: 10 ordered, 2 received.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Captain, back orders were expected. You can't go from zero population to full saturartion in 30 days. I know it's tough to wait, but KIP can only get so many a month. We all should know this and sell them at a premium at first., sorta cooling the heels a little. For 2 reasons the back orders and the wait and see if they are as good as they should be. Actually I thanked Kip for that on the 2 grand. It took them so long to get the product out, I sold something else and it turned out that I was saved a lot of head aches. When the 2000 finally made it I only sold 3 units before I realized that they weren't worth the wait. The 3 grand appears to be a much better design and this I'm afraid will only add to the back orders.

Captain Kangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: KIP 3000 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure that all the sales reps across the universe will be comforted as they get paid on delivery. Maybe we can all burn the unfilled machine orders to keep warm this winter.

This delivery debacle can be traced to KIP's lack of financial strength and unwillingness to take any risk at all. To them, backorders=success. To dealers backorders=no presents under the tree.

Selling new units at a premium is a short-sighted approach that ultimately backfires. Consider the ill-will created by car dealers who charge "additional dealer markup" on hot new cars.

You can not make a living selling 3 of these things a month. But since when does KIP care about dealers making a living?

REPRODOGGIE
intern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Is there a doctor in the house? Reply with quote Back to top

Could the DOCTOR please prescribe a Xanax and a martini for the Captain.

Dealers who put too much emphasis on the 3000 will shortly find themselves in trouble because you have to sell and service twice as many units to do the same volume.

Sales reps can always sell what they don't have. Can't remember the last time I had to wait for a 6000, so they must have plenty.

The point is, dealers need to keep sales and cash flowing. You can wipe your ass with unfilled orders that you can not get paid on, or you can buck up and sell what you can get.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the captain could beneift from a martini and a visit to Delilahs. No presciption required, just maybe a note from your doctor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ordered 12, received 6. More on the way... All sold.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ordered 5 Rcv'd 0 - lost three orders, and barely hanging on to a fourth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am with a KIP delaer and I have not lost one of my sales to Oce or Ricoh. Establishing relationships up front in the sales cycle goes along way. The KIP 3000 is the best low end prduct on the market today. KIP will get caught up in the first quarter of 06 and everything will get back to normal. I will not lose to Oce TDS 320's, TDS450's, or Ricoh 240W units. If you demo the product and don't brochure sell, then wait for the client is worth it from my point of view. Even if you have to bochure sell then you still have the advantage with many more rich and easy to use software features and the hardware andvantages also.

Trust me I use to sell Oce' TDS600's and TDS400's and KIP is now the leader in the market and will continue for years to come. Oce direct and dealers are very scared now because Oce's solution is the TDS320 to compete with KIP 3000's. WOW you should see the dealer price plus you have to use the crap Print Exec LT. What a joke. You can go with Workgruop or Reprodesk but your dealer cost just priced you way out of the market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: