Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Help, upgrading from version 5.5 to 7.0?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Help, upgrading from version 5.5 to 7.0? Reply with quote Back to top

We have lost our KIP dealership years ago right after the 2000 came out and my password was also erased, so I can't even access the KIP dealer section > gurrr! Have a cust. now who needs to upgrade the system software from 5.5 to 7.0 to support their new computers Windows 7.
I am actually scratching my head? I have the 2000 manual but there is nothing on controller upgrading. From some reading it seems I need an eprom first and a ghost CD from KIP taking it to 6.5 with a patch to 7.0 or is there a version 7.0 without the patch? What I really need is the upgrade procedure on how to do this from start to finish and exactly what I will need. Can you guys help me please?
Thanks much!

Jerry
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked my profile and my e-mail is correct if anyone can help?
Thanks again guys!

Zoey
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have to get the Eprom first to bring it to 6.5. I was just on the KIP website and I don't think that they have released a version of 7.0 for non ips systems. You don't have to be on 7.0 software to work with Windows 7. Somebody correct me if any of this is wrong. Thank-you!

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this could be an involved project for you. prior to 05/03/04 the embedded controllers were NT based software. a kit is required to upgrade to XPe due to XP license. if controller is XPe software a cd is required to image the hard drive to 6.5. you will need to know if motherboard is Intel or MSI. firmware upgrade too. there is an XP mode in windows 7 so 7 should not be required for the embedded controller.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Upgrade of NT to Xp Controller Reply with quote Back to top

Yes the 2000 can go to KIP6.5 with a XP Licensed ghost for specific motherboards only. You must upgrade firmware in a 2000 to go to 6.5. If you don't need the accounting feature of 6.5 then you can upgrade to 6.25 without the firmware.

Either way you must rebuild and re ghost the controller.
I can do this for you if you want, send me a private message for details

As far as I know 7.0 only on IPS machines

Jerry
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you that is a great offer, but I don't think our service manager would fly a tech from Texas. Even our own IT guy is lost! We would consider outsourcing this if it comes to that, anyone closer to southern Oregon?

Chazbo
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

before you do anything I would check the mother board for swollen/leaky capacitors. the upgrade kit NT to XP comes with a pre configured hard drive & CD's plus instructions. not difficult just involved. an order form will need to be submitted to KIP. contact KC3. the kit part# is PPEXPKIT

Cabok
intern

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's no way to have a Kip2000 with version 7. You're stuck with 6.5 max. But it's ok.

There is no patch to go from 6.x to 7.x. It has to be a ghost disc, and there's no 7.x ghost for the old MSI and Intel boards.

What you'll need is the 6.5 upgrade, then use the KipServe6.5to7.1 patch. That will allow you to use the newest Kip Request (7.1.0), and the newest Unified Printer Driver. (3.165, as of today).

But FYI, I have some customers using 6.5 that are using the 3.165 windows driver without any change. They are not using unified accounting, and I don't think you'll want to use that anyways.

For the eprom: I have many machines that were upgraded to 6.5 without the eprom. The problem is that the new K-Files won't work. So I just backdated the K-Files. This can be tricky because every machine needs a different version of the K-Files. But I've always found one that works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: